• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks, vehicles and other

i don't understand what's the problem if they create the "reloader" role....it's optional, nobody force you to do the "reloader". :)

Not that I expect TWI to implement "loader," but why would you think it would be optional. Right now gunner isn't optional, you need to have a gunner or switch to gunner to fire. Same with driver.

If the loader isn't "optional," every time you fire the gun, you need to leave your position, go load the next round. Meanwhile, you don't know what your target is doing, since your eye isn't up to the telescopic scope.

Upvote 0
I would have thought if a loader position existed and nobody was onboard to fill it that the loading would be automatic, but at a slower rate than with a human loader, in kind of the same way racing games handle auto and manual transmissions.

Anything else is just going to rapidly piss people off.

Although I can't think of anybody I know who would want to be a loader, myself included.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what i find funny in RO is how you can switch between round types in a tank AFTER you've already loaded a shell, and not actually go through the reload process again...

actually its for the next round to be loaded
when the game was released you first had to unload the old shell and load the new round when switching, but it thankfully got changed

Upvote 0
not saying danzig is a bad map......actually all i played for almost a year when i first got the game in 06 was danzig, then i discovered clanning. 2 more years of clanning later and even now i don't mind playing a little danzig every once and a while, but that's mostly forced since there are only 3 servers with players anymore...the only one with decent ping for western US players in the 24/7 TaT danzig. it's just a bad sign that we desperately need the new game. even the 24/7 arad servers don't fill much at all. could be 24/7 lenningrad or odessa, either way it's a bad sign

oh, but if HoS has no tanks.....then we can't have 24/7 Stalingrad Real Forests 4.7!!!! Must have drive by satchels! :D

Upvote 0
Not that I expect TWI to implement "loader," but why would you think it would be optional. Right now gunner isn't optional, you need to have a gunner or switch to gunner to fire. Same with driver.

If the loader isn't "optional," every time you fire the gun, you need to leave your position, go load the next round. Meanwhile, you don't know what your target is doing, since your eye isn't up to the telescopic scope.

but, for example, this will make big difference between T-34/76 (2 man in turret )and T-34/85 (3 man turret)

Upvote 0

Just put in an AI in all loader spots. The loader spot can be filled in by human players, but is filled in by default.

Upvote 0
Its not just putting a loader ai dude in.

Ai for a loader would need to be made.
And a special gameplay mechanic for a loader would need to be made.

Just to get a loader spot that can be replaced by a human player, is a lot more work than it might looks like. (not to forget about the full reload animations and visuals.)

It would be nice though to make it an option and let people decide for themselves, but personally i dont feel that the time invested will be worth the benefit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why not have these as positions for tanks:

Driver
Radioman/hull gunner
Gunner (he shoots and chooses the shells)
Commander... spots tanks and orders the crew about (he can also organize attacks for tanks)

that is more realist for the Germans... i don't know what much about Russian ranking other than the command tank is the only one with a radio to talk to other tanks... anyways... the commander doesn't actually call the shots, he lets the gunner take care of that. what the commander does is look for other targets/dangers on the battlefield.

another thing bout thanks.. when the commander opens his hatch.. can he just be high enough to see over the cupola... that is just more realistic that having him half way outta the turret in a combat area

Last edited:
Upvote 0