• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Improvement

I have to say I am more into simulating the effect of a tank on the battlefield than I am the actual mechanics of operating one.

Similarly I don't wish to have to install a Wii fit so I can authentically run as infantry.

It would be intresting to have proper tank controls modelled, but then I already have a couple of serious tank simulators installed.... and I've never played them.

Upvote 0
I think that driving a tank should be as realistic as possible, meaning no W,A,S,D. instead you have to start your engine, clutch gear number 1 press w to accelerate and when the rpm's are at its peak clutch gear number 2.

To reverse you need to change to reverse gears, clutch number 1, accelerate to reverse and then set forward gears and do the above.

Meaning that insane speeds in cross country would be a thing of the past.

- Higher Gears for flat terrain and roads ( more speed, less power)
- Lower Gears for cross country and hills (less speed, more power)

When sniping with a tank, the engine should be shut down due to the noise and the possibility of fire if damaged by enemy fire.

not gonna happen. in fact it's been confirmed by a recent preview that it's gonna use the wasd scheme for "accessible realism" aka dumbed down realism for the masses.

Reactions: Akim213
Upvote 0
not gonna happen. in fact it's been confirmed by a recent preview that it's gonna use the wasd scheme for "accessible realism" aka dumbed down realism for the masses.

LOL even in BE the default buttons for moving the tanks are WASD, but there are also other buttons for gears.

Anyway, yes, probably the manual gear is not in game actually, but i hope they will add this feature before the game come out.....what is the sense of a super-realistic tank that needs lot of weeks and lot of hard work to be completed and then you cannot use the instrumentations?

Last edited:
Reactions: Akim213
Upvote 0
Why cant they use the WASD keys as per usual but use spacebar as 'Gear Up' & 'Control' as gear down. If the tank accelerates and the player forgets to forward the gears then all's that would happen would be a noise of the gears churning and a small down time between the next gear, i.e like the advantage of manual bolting over automatic bolting.

Ive seen more complicated controls on an Xbox.

Sturm

Upvote 0