• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Fires?

Guys please use some common sense. The lack of being able to bail from your tank when damage sustained is catastrophic is a great decision.

Two simple reasons.

1. One of the most annoying things in many games is destroying someone, and having them hop out and run and hide, robbing you of your kill. This makes a bit more sense in a game like Battlefield, where a player bailing from a tank could be an engineer, etc. NOT GOOD GAMEPLAY

2. The truth is, there was no such thing as a tanker bailing from his tank with a Panzerfaust in hand. There is NOTHING to do when you bail from the tank, the only thing you can do is run around like an ant. NOT GOOD GAMEPLAY

Upvote 0
Its too bad that the tankers cant bail out.
It would have been nice to be able to have tankers bail out, not be able to cap points, and return to base for a new tank with no death (for those that are concerned)
And herein lies truth to the fact that people play for K/D ratio....;)
Different thread, but needed to be said....:cool:

Has it been determined that when you scuttle your tank you cost your team points or reinforcments? While it would seem logical, no one knows at this point. (Or have I missed that tidbit of information?)

Upvote 0
I dont know how scuttling a tank will work, but it would be cool if there was an animation (since you cant bail) of a crewman bailing out, or trying to while on fire. Just a "that would be neat if..." though, nothing terribly important.

The only reason I am disappointed in the lack of the tankers being able to bail is the immersion-breaking factor. I just really like the idea of a tank being disabled and the crewmen inside fleeing the deathtrap that it has become, desperately trying to make it behind friendly lines to safety

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I understand why they are deciding to make tankers unable to leave their tanks, but I'd think that it would be better if surviving crewmen can bail out if their tank is suffering from catastrophic damage...

It would be interesting to have your guy bail out of his tank while flames burn him alive/suffocate him in the cliched "Tank gets hit by something burney, crew bails out on fire yelling POMOGITYE! POMOGITYE!" MANNER...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I understand why they are deciding to make tankers unable to leave their tanks, but I'd think that it would be better if surviving crewmen can bail out if their tank is suffering from catastrophic damage...

It would be interesting to have your guy bail out of his tank while flames burn him alive/suffocate him in the cliched "Tank gets hit by something burney, crew bails out on fire yelling POMOGITYE! POMOGITYE!" MANNER...

but it really wouldn't be fun for the tankers. As of now they have animations to move around inside the tank, but if they let us bail AND had animations to show us trying to escape the tank, the tanker still wouldn't be doing anything. We just press a button and watch.

Would not be fun.

plus take into the account all the variables involved in fleeing a burning/destroyed tank, and it just becomes impossible.

Reactions: Floyd
Upvote 0