• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Taking a deep breath

ron_moron

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
I'm sure this happens to us all, but what the heck, can't hurt to keep it in peoples minds.

Playing on Stalingrad tonight, trying to keep the corridor free of the red menace, I throw a grenade down. I time it well and get two of the swine as they try and rush the door. My MG takes another one down as I make sure none shall pass that way.

Finally I get some reinforcements. This is going to be easy, I think, so I toss my last nade into the doorway, hoping to catch another Russian trying to chuck a nade down at me.

Only this time one of the reinforcemnets has run past me and decided to take up position in the doorway, and then gets a nasty shock when my nade splits him up into his component atoms.

I say sorry, as it's only polite, but next thing I know I get TK'ed in the back of the head and told that's for being a moron. I won't mention the player by name as I don't think that's fair, but he had a {core} tag, and I'm sure he knows who he was.

I tried to say it had been an accident, and that I'd apologised, but he was having none of it, moaning away about it for ages and really ruining the rest of that map for me.

My point is that in this game especially TKs happen. Sure everyone could probably watch out more, but even so TKs will happen. Recently I've seen (and now been part of) some pretty ugly arguments about TKs, so all I'm saying is that sometimes, especially with those who've been around a bit longer, we need to watch ourselves. Bite your tongue before you bite the head off another player, because you know, accidents happen, and in some maps they happen a lot.

So next time you get TKed just take a second out and think, did the perosn mean to do that,l or did they just get a glimpse of the enemy and react accordingly? No one likes to get TKed, but also no one likes to get wailed on by someone who's got so woulnd up in the game they've forgotten **** happens.

Nice to see folks find that so amusing. Personally, I think that's ban-worthy behavior. But hey, I'm not adminning the server so whatever.
you did not know that {Core} is shortcut for - Crazy obsolete rough evil?

...but seriously... maby he had weak moment, Core guys are great bunch of players and generaly you will never have problem with them (until you see some with NA behind Core... those are the most 1337...)
;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, not being too worried about things was kind of my point here. The other day this guy with a mic almost had a heart attack he was getting so angry about getting a TK, and I'm just saying that it happens, it's very rare that it's intentional, and people sometimes just need to calm down when it happens to them.

Upvote 0
Hate when people do stuff like that because they run into a nade you already threw. Sure its not easy and sometimes not even possible to see the nade And hearing one hit the ground is damn near impossible. but still they should just let it go. if they are that mad about it they dont have to forgive you.

What really bugs me is the people that run into well placed arty thats been called out and the squad leader repeated warned people where it was going to land then they dont forgive him then a good squad leader gets session banned because of stupid players. Honestly how hard is it to type np for your own stupid mistake. Been seeing some maps have 4-5 different squad leaders because of these retarded players. The sad thing is the squad leader is doing a good job.

People need to realize sometimes they get tked because they did something stupid and just forgive the person for it.

Upvote 0
Heheh,
I usually type np although I do sometimes tend to burst out a bit(I still type np mind you :p ).Being one of those crazy {Core} guys,just curious to see who it was?
If it happened to be me,I apologize for any grief caused and you got to understand that people sometimes get pretty ticked if they're not doing as well as they'd expect themselves to do,so a grenade TK is just a fuse that sometimes gets lit :p

Upvote 0
{Core} Reprezentz!

You know it could just be a fakenicking guy, contrary to popular belief they do exist altough hidden in shadows, vield in darkness, an enigma wrapped in a mystery, and from there they strike! No mercy for the innocent puppie! Oh I mean pubbie..

Oh I have retaliated for a TK or two, but you damn deserve it if you manage to shoot me repeatedly in the back in close proximity of spawn.

Upvote 0