• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactical delay

Tactical delay

• Yes, keep it at the game in every case

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Maybe its not necessary in all game modes

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
The tactical delay was possible in RO1.

Now, if you are not attacking the cap zones for a while, than you will be nailed down.
The timer in orange is starting and running down.
If no progress is made, the attackers will lose the match.

What is stupid, cause in reality you want sometimes just fight the enemy down and not starting stupidly attacking on some enemy stronghold, cause a magic clock is running.

What was possible in RO1, to fall back as attacker when your tickets are low, is now mostly leading to the match lose, cause of the magic orange time clock.

No way to turn a misled attack in your favour.

My proposal is that we should discuss this "feature" if its really necessary at all game-modes and servers.

are you talking about lock down?

Yes, I mean lock down.

My experience is, that in many cases you still make progress on map even without capping (getting better positions for sphere of action -> cap's).
The lock down timer forces you to act immeatitly, what mostly brings nothing but more casualties for the attackers.

The possibility for a tactical delay (tactical fall back perspectivly for the other side) adds more for tactical gameplay, specially in relation with ticket counting.

EDIT:
[QUOTE=Gro

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like lock down, if its been 10min and the attackers havent captured 1 objective, the match islost, Id rather not drag on a hopeless battle were you cant even spawn for 40min. (Looking at you bridges)
Yeah.
But sometimes there are situation where atackers loose because of lockdown though they would have won otherwise. When the defenders have low reinforcements for example.
But this too seems realistic.
You dont have enough guys for a long fight so you throw all your last reinforcements to block the enemy atack and stop them so they reconsider atacking. Its a hazardous tactic but it is not completly unrealistic.

Upvote 0
If there is no time to play it - dont play it.
yeah.. just that Bridges as you said is more or less played the whole time on some servers... and unfortunatly i often play on those servers... i have no problem with the map but 2 up to 50 minute rounds again and again... normaly it's rotating between Bridges -> Bridhges -> Bridges -> Apartments -> Briges... maybe with once or twice something other between... and with bridges a "quick round" is just not possible... if you wanna keep you points... and if it ends only once eaarlier then at the last point or after 50 mins etc. i sometimes am really glad

Last edited:
Upvote 0