• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sway is WAY too small

No. RO1 was flawed in this regard too. I was just hoping the sequel would make it better, but instead it is worse.
They fixed almost every flaw RO1 has: SMG recoil, inability to sprint over 10 seconds, LMG recoil, tank combat, excessive sway etc.

Only flaw I can think of is that after sprinting there isn't much sway but it's a minor gripe compared to what kind of BS RO1 had.

Upvote 0
An example:
Sprinting for the maximum time; hearing the avatar gasping for air and also him saying, he is out of air and needs to rest,
while putting up ironsight standing with the same amount of minimal sway if having full stamina and also being able to hold/control breath for even more steadier aim for a long time.

This is a little bit laughable for me and should be thought over again.

Right now stamina only effects how long you can sprint and nothing else (except triggering a voiceover if you run out of it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
last night i noticed that my prone sway after a semi-long sprint was pretty substantial. therefore i'm not really buying into the 'more sway' suggestion.

seriously, there was a wall about 80-100m away, and the sway was going side to side covering a 5m area. this was while prone. zoom/hold breath reduced the sway a lot, but come on - any moderately healthy person can control their breathing after a sprint if entirely necessary.

Upvote 0
The problem with adding sway is your giving an added benifit for camping and sitting in cover, it's already hard enough to kill someone when they are in cover and your exsposed attacking.

With reduced sway your balancing out the attackers vs defenders more.

Ok it's no realistic but for balance it's the only thing that will work.

Upvote 0
And I can't beliave people think current sway from stamina is problem to shooting. You can catch your breath perfectly in some 10 seconds. Unrealistic but perhaps good for gameplay.

But what I wanna see is more sway when not out of breath. That would not engourage camping. Just the opposite it would mostly affect defenders who do more long range sniping.

Upvote 0
Never played CoD or RO 1 (I'm a BF 1942 guy ;)) but I think weapon should not be as stable at it is now when aiming (especially if you're in Iron sight for a long time).

And there is another thing I don't get. When zooming, the soldier holds his breath. What's the point of this feature if it's not to aim more accurately? (and reduce sway).

Right now I'm aiming the same with or without holding my breath (and it seems I can hold it for 10 mins which is a great achievement from my soldier).

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, I must confess I didn't read all the pages in this thread.

Upvote 0
A 200m head shot is really not that hard. I can't say the first round is going to strike your dome, but I can peg a dog target from 200m standing with an K98. The dog target depicts everything from the nipples up. Anything in that area is a kill shot regardless. Extra sway wouldn't do anything to make the game more realistic, just harder. Harder for the sake of being harder. I just can't wrap my mind around the logic in that. Why do you want to be artificially limited in your combat capabilities?

Snipe and Run is how combat is conducted until it shifts into room clearing. You try to minimize your silhouette while putting accurate fire on your target's body. If you cannot get rounds on your target then you put rounds in his area to allow your team to get to his flanks. In room clearing you just try to get as many rounds on target with little regard for accuracy.

-Paas

Can you do it when you're out of breath like the avatar is when he's gasping for breath and saying he needs to stop? Not even without 2 seconds of pause? This isn't a question of rifle accuracy, but a person's stability after they've run to the point where they need a break.

This has nothing to do with "go back to RO1" so stop saying it is. I have no problem with zoom, I greatly enjoy the increased sprint time (RO1 was far too short in this regard), I like the increased accuracy of SMGs (and no I'm not an "SMG whore" myself), and almost everything else is an improvement.

Anyways you'll notice a lot of new members are posting and say they agree there's too little sway so there goes that argument.

I wish a dev would comment, so I could at least know whether this is a total waste of time or not. Looking over this thread it looks like most people, old hands and new alike agree that it needs to be upped. It's just that the "opposition" is more vocal.

If they want to fit more sway into the realism mode and leave relaxed as is that would be fine with me if a bit odd (just think it's a bit weird to change a core gameplay function depending on the mode---course COD did it with "hardcore" and weapon damage)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you run full out, crouched over and carrying gear, breathing heavy, heart-pounding, chest heaving ... you're not gonna be able to line up a 200m head shot until you (at the very least) regain control of your breathing. That takes a moment. That's all I'd like to see, that moment after a long sprint where a guy has to breath deep and regain control. I don't want him to take a friggin' knee for 10 seconds, I just want there to be some noticeable, temporary downside to sprinting until your stamina bar is empty ... besides not being able to sprint anymore.

For the record, I'm an "old" RO1 player. That said, I enjoy almost everything about RO2 and consider the game a vast improvement. This is one of the few aspects of the game I would prefer to see altered, at least at the Realistic game play level. I don't mind that the sprinting is faster, I actually prefer it, but I feel there needs to be a pronounced downside to prolonged running. Otherwise ... everyone runs ... everywhere ... all the time ... constantly ... ridiculous ...

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
If you run full out, crouched over and carrying gear, breathing heavy, heart-pounding, chest heaving ... you're not gonna be able to line up a 200m head shot until you (at the very least) regain control of your breathing. That takes a moment. That's all I'd like to see, that moment after a long sprint where a guy has to breath deep and regain control. I don't want him to take a friggin' knee for 10 seconds, I just want there to be some noticeable, temporary downside to sprinting until your stamina bar is empty ... besides not being able to sprint anymore.

For the record, I'm an "old" RO1 player. That said, I enjoy almost everything about RO2 and consider the game a vast improvement. This is one of the few aspects of the game I would prefer to see altered, at least at the Realistic game play level. I don't mind that the sprinting is faster, I actually prefer it, but I feel there needs to be a pronounced downside to prolonged running. Otherwise ... everyone runs ... everywhere ... all the time ... constantly ... ridiculous ...

Qft

Reactions: Hesgad
Upvote 0
The more I hear about the game, the more convinced I am that I'm only going to play tank maps only.

Also, OP post 3 out of 8 likes... community officially taken over by CoD.

Edit: 3 out of 9 :)

Perhaps you're in the wrong arena yourself. I only say this as a vehicle combat eschewer; these things have become all the more prevalent since UT2k4's Onslaught mode, and BF1942.

I say this purely from a (yes, yawn-yawn) SMG and balancing perspective that the Rifleman needs zero toning down because of their disadvantage against SMG users. Realism must be balanced against playability in my opinion. By the way yes I enjoy CoD (only HC Search and Destroy), but I've also been with RO since its UT2003 mod days.

Upvote 0
That is exactly what I meant when I said it was utterly useless because it is too slow. If you don't believe me, we can go on an empty server and ill pop you a headshot exactly every time you try to hit me from your cover, and I'll do that before you even see me at all, let alone are ready to shoot.

how about not poping up form the same place over and over again?

of ,... you know, flank ?

Upvote 0