• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Svt 40

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

ArchoN2010

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
I want to be able to reload a whole magazine by double tapping my reload key, regardless of how many rounds are in the magazine. Same would apply to the AVT-40, and any other current or future weapon that operates on the same mechanic (stripper clips and detachable magazines).

It should just reload magazines all the time... sure, that means the animation is "wasted" and that's sad, but honestly it just penalizes the weapon to have to always reload the way it currently does.

Realistically it'd be better to have them reload 2 times with the magazine and 3 times with 2x stripper clip [6 clips], but that's an entirely more complicated system. Just using magazines would make more sense (until we get to RO3 haha.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Troops with the semi autos were issued 12 stripper clips, and 1 magazine in adition to the one already in the mag well (a spare if the regular one broke, got lost ect), this was how troops loaded their SVT/AVT, G41/43s, sripper clips....the magazine was really only supposed to be removed for cleaning, and the magazine latches in the magazine well wore out easily, removing the magazine on any early semi auto rifle not meant for box mag reloads would result in mags not feeding ammo properly and even falling out because the latch doesnt catch.... same with Lee Enfield rifles, I dont recall ever hearing about British troops removing the mags in their rifles to reload (and I've interviewed plenty of veterans over the years)...it was all via clips. Troops would scavange extra mags in the field however, because they wouldnt likely live long enough for mechanical wear&tear to happen......I think spawning with 12 clips, and 1 spare mag should be standard, and be able to pick up spare magazines from other SVT/SVTs found on fallen comrades would be a good option

Last edited:
Upvote 0