• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SVT-40 Magazine and Stripper Clips

SVT-40 Magazine and Stripper Clips

• 5 Round - Stripper Clips

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • 10 Round - Magazines

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
while we are on the subject of the svt 40.

Technically the partial reload is wrong. The bolt stay open catch is located in the center of the mag well and pressed upwards by the mag floor plate. Meaning while there are rounds in the gun the bolt does not stay back, and the partial reload is impossible as currently shown.

Upvote 0
Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to create a game to be %100 realistic in a 60+ year old setting? I think you guys may be a little spoiled. RO is a really great game.

And if you think that the Soviets are underpowered, you probably have never used a PPSH with drum mags. It's the close quarters king.

Upvote 0
The problem is, as I made clear in this thread, is that you don't get the option to reload the whole magazine and save yourself the bother of having 6 or so rounds instead of 10 after a lengthy reload.

There should be some way to swap out the entire magazine on the SVT at least. I'm not sure if the G41 could do the same. But then again, asymmetrical balance and all that.

Upvote 0
The problem is, as I made clear in this thread, is that you don't get the option to reload the whole magazine and save yourself the bother of having 6 or so rounds instead of 10 after a lengthy reload.

There should be some way to swap out the entire magazine on the SVT at least. I'm not sure if the G41 could do the same. But then again, asymmetrical balance and all that.

they're spending 1/3 of their time vsing mkbs and smgs at mid-range, whole-box reload's fine, plus it wouldn't have me shooting the last round or 2 at nothing like I'm using a garand in dod :p

Upvote 0
We got a limited amount of magazines (2-3) when I was in the army.
Even the stripper clips were limited and had to be loaded by hand.
Unlike in hollywood films, we didn't just discard our magazines...

We needed to remove the magazine from the rifle (FN FAL) to feed bullets from the strpper clip into the magazine.

It makes sense to have both. I'm just not sure if it is possible to load a magazine while inserted in a weapon.
This could be different for different guns.

P.S. Even having stripper clips at all was considered a luxury.

Reactions: Golf33
Upvote 0
Why does the SVT-40 have both magazines and stripper clips?

A soldier would not be issued both.

It should just be either stripper clips or magazines.

I vote stripper clips so it matches the reload time of the G-41.

Tell me what you think.

You are not correct. In RKKA soldier armed with SVT-40 were issued one magazine pouch holding two magazines. On top of that he was issued a stripper clip pouch (or two) and often a canvas made ad hoc stripper clip pouch. First he would use the magazines, and then reload the rifle with stripper clips. And IRL, there was not much difference in speed.

So IRL the soldier had two magazines and a certain amount of stripper clips. There

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We got a limited amount of magazines (2-3) when I was in the army.
Even the stripper clips were limited and had to be loaded by hand.
Unlike in hollywood films, we didn't just discard our magazines...

We needed to remove the magazine from the rifle (FN FAL) to feed bullets from the strpper clip into the magazine.

It makes sense to have both. I'm just not sure if it is possible to load a magazine while inserted in a weapon.

P.S. Even having stripper clips at all was considered a luxury.

You got stripper clips for the FN FAL? I've never heard that before. Another factoid learned :)

Upvote 0
Possible with the SVT40:

SVT-40 Tokarev - YouTube

You are not correct. In RKKA soldier armed with SVT-40 were issued one magazine pouch holding two magazines. On top of that he was issued a stripper clip pouch (or two) and often a canvas made ad hoc stripper clip pouch. First he would use the magazines, and then reload the rifle with stripper clips. And IRL, there was not much difference in speed.
This. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0