• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Supersonic bullet cracks in RO2:HOS?

Yeah if that's what it is then I don't want it either, simply because it was plain annoying and didn't make me wanna stay in cover but quit the game.

thats the whole point of the thing! this shows that it works ingame how it was intended - as in real life. only difference to back then is, that these poor souls couldnt really quit the game that easily...

Upvote 0
thats the whole point of the thing! this shows that it works ingame how it was intended - as in real life. only difference to back then is, that these poor souls couldnt really quit the game that easily...
Yeah well tell that to the non-ultra-hardcore players / ss-clan nerds which pretty much will make up 90%+ of the community and will be annoyed by that. I'd say make it optional. In OST suppression worked fine for me, because most of the time I went out of cover without being careful I was shot anyhow so you kinda get the feeling. I'd rather have long distance bullet sounds like in DoD:S, one of the few things that game did right although the distances weren't long enough. Hearing those roaring gunsounds from distance makes me more nervous to begin with than getting an ear trauma while in cover.

Upvote 0
Yeah well tell that to the non-ultra-hardcore players / ss-clan nerds which pretty much will make up 90%+ of the community and will be annoyed by that. I'd say make it optional. In OST suppression worked fine for me, because most of the time I went out of cover without being careful I was shot anyhow so you kinda get the feeling. I'd rather have long distance bullet sounds like in DoD:S, one of the few things that game did right although the distances weren't long enough. Hearing those roaring gunsounds from distance makes me more nervous to begin with than getting an ear trauma while in cover.

Again, who said the sounds would have to be loud?

Reactions: Vyllis
Upvote 0
You'll hear both the guns and the supersonic cracks.

So instead of the slow, bzzzzzzzzzz of bullets whizzing by you'd have a CLACK. Of course, smg bullets at longer range would make a bzzzz, which would also give you the benefit of determining what's shooting at you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyllis
Upvote 0
Well from what I read most of the RO guys that post in this forum section are against DHs suppression system
And even more are against a suppression system like RO:Ost's.

But that's not even the point of discussion and has nothing to do with the sounds themselves. Also, many people who were against the DH system were in favour of just having scary supersonic cracks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And even more are against a suppression system like RO:Ost's.

But that's not even the point of discussion and has nothing to do with the sounds themselves. Also, many people who were against the DH system were in favour of just having scary supersonic cracks.
It is quite even actually, that's why I think making it tweakable couldn't hurt so that on hardcore realism servers suppression effects are stronger wheras the vanilla setting shouldn't be much more than Ost-style.

Upvote 0
It is quite even actually, that's why I think making it tweakable couldn't hurt so that on hardcore realism servers suppression effects are stronger wheras the vanilla setting shouldn't be much more than Ost-style.
Again, you fail the point here. This is no discussion about suppression, but a discussion about bullet sounds.

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
Of course it has something to do with suppression since its' purpose is for you to **** into your pants and run into cover.
Actually, the purpose of this suggestion is to include realistic sounds, nothing more, nothing less.
Now, the possible side-effect of this suggestion would be some kind of soft suppression effect, but that's not it's intention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0