• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Sneak Preview

Wont the G be a lot like the H?

Was the IV G available in Summer of '42?
Production of Ausf G started in May '42.
Early Ausf G had the 75mm L/43 (same as Ausf F/2) and late Ausf G (March '43) had the 75mm L/48 (same as the Ausf H).
Late Ausf G were also fitted with skirts, so really looked like Ausf H.

I'm putting money on getting the L/43.

Upvote 0
If you join a server, and putz, ramm and yosh are all on one team. Just run the other way :)
The glove has been thrown! team >MN< (Minnesota) will crush them like WALNUTS!
The summer update is a pleasant suprise! The new map sounds like my map of dreams after playing comp games for 15 years.

250px-Atari_BattleZone_Screenshot.gif

& for so cheap! I know I've spent more then $30 in quarters playing Battlezone back in the day!

Upvote 0
The glove has been thrown! team >MN< (Minnesota) will crush them like WALNUTS!
The summer update is a pleasant suprise! The new map sounds like my map of dreams after playing comp games for 15 years.

250px-Atari_BattleZone_Screenshot.gif

& for so cheap! I know I've spent more then $30 in quarters playing Battlezone back in the day!

Walnuts are often a hard NUT to crack, be aware !

Upvote 0
Nobody has made a map like this, not even the custom mappers. The play area on this map makes Orel look small :)

...but you can be sure they were making maps like this - it just brings a few problems and is immensely time-consuming.

I was half expecting a 'make a 3k+ viewdistance map with a logitech keyboards for the winner(s)' - type comp, as it goes.

Upvote 0
Angling isn't too useful when about ten tanks are firing at you from a couple of thousand meters away from multiple angles. That and half the time on this map you don't even know someone is shooting at you until thier shell rips through your hull since they fired at you from a mile away :)

Ah, so true:

Lines up shot on unsuspecting T-34 1500 meters out. Prepares to pull the trigger and...KACHUNK! 76mm shell from Yoshi takes me out. :D

Upvote 0
Or rather, right up your Valley :eek:...

WOW! What an announcement! I knew I was missing RO for a long time now I have a reason to play it agian! rock on! get the word out boys! tell every one on the server about this killer new update! lets hope it goes off without a hitch!

BTW can somebody post a picture of a Panzer4G? I never seen the tank before. I would like to know what kind of look it has that I will be driveing into battle. BTW Tank maps with moveing spawns are way more fun than the maps without them! THANKS TWI!

Upvote 0
Lines up shot on unsuspecting T-34 1500 meters out. Prepares to pull the trigger and...KACHUNK! 76mm shell from Yoshi takes me out. :D

Yes, I have to admit that quite a few of the test sessions have degenerated into the "Get that little sh1t Yoshi" sessions :)

I wouldn't mine being repeatedly terminated by the little horror - it is the incessant cackling at my ineptitude that really wrankles... not to mention the ridiculous level of anxiety that creeps in when 76mm rounds start clanging against the turret sides, you just know it is Yoshi in an SU again and you promptly ignore the 4 T-34s flanking just so as to not be shot by HIM again.

And where are my covering Panzer IIIs and IVs while he is at it, pray tell??

[Anyone would think I feel bitter about it...]

Upvote 0