• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Sneak Preview

Wow, I was really hoping you guys had a good tank map in the works. Looks like its gonna be a blast. How exactly will the spawns work out? Will they be behind the hills or something, because I know they can't just be out in the open. Also, how will the arty work out if its included in the map? I hope it has arty, because it seems like it might be the only thing that could get rid of that Tiger.

Upvote 0
I noticed that in the old bloom/new bloom comparison screenshot, that the resolution was set to 800x600....just a question....does anyone here actually play RO at 800x600? I play at one step up, at 1024x768, becuase I thought that being accurate at long range shots at 800x600 resolution was much more difficult. Am I wrong? I would certainly play at 800x600 if I though it wouldn't give me a disadvantage. I often get poor frame rates with almost everything set at high, and lowering them to medium or low doesn't seem to improve my frame rates at all. I don't even notice a significant visual change either. I would assume that lowering my resolution to 800x600 would help, but I'm hesitant to play at that res if it will give me a handicap even bigger than my current handicap (my old computer). Ahhh well, I guess I'll just have to try and see.

Thank you for your continued dedication to this game Tripwire. You guys are great...RO is definitely the best $40 I ever spent on a game. $40 because I bought the game twice, as $20 didn't seem like a fair price to pay you guys. I can't wait to see the full change log for the next update.

Upvote 0
If someone knows how to angle they probably won't die on the new map. Ever.

Angling isn't too useful when about ten tanks are firing at you from a couple of thousand meters away from multiple angles. That and half the time on this map you don't even know someone is shooting at you until thier shell rips through your hull since they fired at you from a mile away :)

Upvote 0
Good job.

Good job.

Bravo. Glad to see the TWI guys making a full armor map. Looking forward to see how the new bloom looks, bet it helps for those 2 km kills from tanks. Looking forward to it.

I don't think too many people realized there was a new tank in the editor. We have seen recently a few early war maps with armor and no inclusion of it. Saving it for a surprise?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He He, from reading the thread it sounds like I have found a tank map I can enjoy. :cool: New bloom looks really good too, I like the sun effect, which will be handy in the sunny deserts of North Africa! When Mare Nostrum gets round to releasing our tanks we should be able to get some nice desert tank warfare going on, El Alamein for example. :D

Keep up the good work TWI!

Upvote 0
I would certainly play at 800x600 if I though it wouldn't give me a disadvantage. I often get poor frame rates with almost everything set at high, and lowering them to medium or low doesn't seem to improve my frame rates at all. I don't even notice a significant visual change either. I would assume that lowering my resolution to 800x600 would help, but I'm hesitant to play at that res if it will give me a handicap even bigger than my current handicap (my old computer).

I play at 800x600 and certainly don't feel at a disadvantage, even at longer ranges (well, can be hard on the eyes to spot that one pixel, but it's also map-dependant).

New bloom - hooray! Now I can finally see the maps the way they were meant to be seen!

The tank map - yes!

This sure came out of the blue and struck like a rolling thunder. Great job, TWI.

Edit P.S.: Seriously, that's what I call "Kick Arse Way Beyond The Call of Duty". Pun intended.

Last edited:
Upvote 0