• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suicidal Berserkers...

Well one major reason that they don't run is because you honestly don't notice what your health is at. It's only when you hit 20% that the health number starts to flash, but if you're up to your elbows in zombies, you won't even notice that. It's the red mist at 10% that generally gets your attention and by then it's too late.

I must say he is correct. It's hard to see if your health is low without actually looking at your health bar at the bottom-left.

I miss the old Wolfenstein/Doom face in the bottom middle of the screen which shows you your state of life :D

Upvote 0
they way to play a berserker is to stay back and only attack when they come close to you and your mates. its tempting to play the madman with the chainsaw but its far more rewarding to do your job and stay alive.

i use dual 9mm to help keep the zombies far away, when they come close i use melee to defend my mates. i saved their asses a couple of times and the other way arround.

Upvote 0
Crawlers aren't a problem for smart berserkers. If you're OUTSIDE. In cases where you're blocking a chokepoint and can't afford to lose ground, crawlers are a huge problem. Outside you can just bait their jump and countersmack them when they land.

Solution is to not block a chokepoint, find a route that creates a shape around a map and start running as a team, it's far more effective than a chokepoint anyway. Chokepoints might work till wave 6 or 7 on suicidal but after that a FP will run in and they dont die so easy, likely to badly hurt or kill someone.
And about crawlers being behind enemies, all enemies run at different speeds, stalkers+gorefasts>crawlers>others, you can bait them out from behind others so you can take them.

Upvote 0
or for crawlers you simply walk backwards and they miss you completely. Why so many berserkers and people saying this is the classes weakness continue to bring up this point is perplexing

No. If you walk backwards, their leap is fast enough to hit you, every time, even with 'zerker speed. Crawlers are one of the few classes that can hit a player running at full speed every time unless they know exactly when and how to dodge, even Zerkers or Medics with knives out and almost nothing in inventory (The fastest possible speed in the game!).

The only way to dodge them is to bait their jumps like someone said, sidestep, and hit them when they land. Yes it's easy IF it's just crawlers. It seldom is. You could easily sidestep into something else (Usually another **** crawler!) and get hit. If the other classes do their job and keep the crawlers off of you, you're good to go, though. Most other monsters short of a Fleshpound can't touch you if you keep moving.

When it gets down to it, it's far more convenient to just pull out the pistol and blast the crawler, which both eats valuable ammo and draws you away from your melee work. Ideally, bullpup-toting Commandos and Action rifle sharpshooters should be getting crawlers, but they seem to enjoy wasting all their ammo on Skrakes and Fleshpounds recently...

Upvote 0
No. If you walk backwards, their leap is fast enough to hit you, every time, even with 'zerker speed. Crawlers are one of the few classes that can hit a player running at full speed every time unless they know exactly when and how to dodge, even Zerkers or Medics with knives out and almost nothing in inventory (The fastest possible speed in the game!).

Try playing the game first

also you can carry more weapons and still outspeed them with a ****ing chainsaw, they're slow, you can range a crawler even on suicidal with the lever rifle (80 bullets total) in 1 hit, 80 crawlers per wave? haha. It is easy to backstep from crawlers, unless you're below 20 hp where your speed seems to drop. Also fleshpounds are easy to avoid also, and how can you even THINK a medic cant outrun a crawler? they run at like 145% speed with a knife out, they can outrun enraged fleshpounds

Last edited:
Upvote 0