• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion] Easy-to-code replay value improvement.

Marmalad

Aug 21, 2019
Ok, hear me out. Here's a way to easily increase the replay value of Killing Floor 2.

EXP after LVL 25
After the level 25, perks can still gain exp, with something like "prestige level" (call it however you want, it doesn't matter). Each prestige level needs something like 30.000-50.000 exp (maybe less, like 10.000-20.000 exp, but it needs to be not that easy to reach). Each time you complete a prestige level, you gain a crate (the same as the one you gain from dosh vault). It's not necessary to count each prestige level as long as there is an exp bar to fill.

With this system, you still gain exp in a way with your perk. I find frustrating to not be able to gain any reward whatsoever when you have a prestige 5 lvl 25 perk. I mean, if a player wants to play only one perk, he should be rewarded for doing so. Killing Floor 2 is based on doing almost the same thing again and again, so if you don't put infinite progression in the game it discourages people to keep going. New weapons and maps are a thing but it's not enough for veteran players. Plus, it makes the access to skins a little easier, but not that much. If people see more opportunities to get skins, they may want to have them faster, so they play more and/or they use the microtransaction system. It's a win-win. I'm aware that daily objectives are a thing but the two mechanics can fit together.

This system exists in others games and it works well.

Let me know your thoughts about this idea!