• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Streets of Stalingrad

The version that runs on the 40-1 Classic (#2) server is terribly bugged. There are no grenades, no pistols or radios. Players fall through the map on death, nor can weapons be picked up (they simply disappear on pick up).
Bug is responsible for the most of these issues, not map. Regarding places where players fall through the map - screen shots are necessary to localize them so mapper can fix them.

Upvote 0
:confused:

I'm baffled. We ran this map twice last Sunday for our OGG event with a good deal of players including myself. I don't recall anything but how much people liked it. I'm running the map again in today's event for the UK at 2pm US EST.
Let's play it again, Sam. :D One of the key points about running betas at all is to help mappers determine where changes are needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a beautiful map, great layout and atmosphere. Thanks for your work.

My only suggestions would be that unless there's destroyable doors and windows I haven't found, to open more passages through the buildings. I feel like I'm running out of spawn and down the same hallway to fight over the same doorway over and over.

Also, more second story availability please.

For such a destroyed environment, I feel like I should be able to clamber around the rubble and through the buildings at will.

Upvote 0
WOW
I read the posts and enjoyed listening to the praises for this map. Once I played it for myself (Crucible Server) I was knocked off of my chair.

THIS
Spoiler!

IS
Spoiler!

WHY
Spoiler!

Psycho, I love your work, but this is beyond anything you have done...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found all the destrucibles, they help open up the map for sure. The wall at C is difficult to identify, I tried blowing up a lot of walls before finding the right one. I don't think it needs to glow or anything, but maybe make it more obvious somehow? Mark on the map?

Its a great map.

Upvote 0
That'd be helpful, especially for new engineers.

How about a piece of graffiti on the wall? It would help experienced players send noob engineers to the right one. "Blow the wall with Stalins face..." etc.

The first gate at D coming from the Axis spawn doesn't blow from either side, I assume this is intentional? It's tough to get up that side since the allies can sit in cover and mow axis down along the fence and with the fixed mg in the tunnel, the Allies can pretty well shut that down with a person or two.

Will there only be one ammo crate with none near the spawns? I try not to die much and it's tough to resupply. It'd be interesting to leave it that way though if this is your intent.

Upvote 0