• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stream Highlights and Archive

FoolishNinja;n2264119 said:
the bloat screen is annoying! there are already enough annoying features, now we will run with that green screen around, trying to hit something.

Ah but will it even hit you? You may dance gracefully past them or gun them down alongside the bloat depending on your weapon. It may not be as bad as you think, let it see light of day for a bit before we decide this!

Reactions: Tagasaki
Upvote 0
RoastinGhost;n2264042 said:
I just have to nitpick that SWAT isn't so much a job title (like "Commando" or 'Field Medic") as it is an American name for a police unit. It's not consistent with the other classes' names. It's also out-of-place in Europe.

I bet it was planned to be named different, but community developed own name before announcement and it stayed in this form.

Upvote 0
How exactly will you guys make the special zeds appear in Survival?

Will they have their own announcement sounds like the Scrake or the Fleshpound? Will they have a slight glow or some other indicator that they're special?

FoolishNinja;n2264103 said:
Just please no gas crawlers and bloat mines! Where can we vote for it, to remove these kind of things?

Always liked the idea of having champion mobs randomly appear in a round to spice things up, but they should not overdo it and constantly throw them at us. I feel like that they should be strong alternatives to a FP or SC instead of just tankier cannon fodder! I think that this would be a good solution for people complaining about them being too strong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
matrimelee;n2264195 said:
Always liked the idea of having champion mobs randomly appear in a round to spice things up, but they should not overdo it and constantly throw them at us. I feel like that they should be strong alternatives to a FP or SC instead of just tankier cannon fodder! I think that this would be a good solution for people complaining about them being too strong.

Im all for some mini bosses or champions, but i dislike the gas explosion, what reduces your vision, thus having a worse gaming experience. Its like having a short black screen (a bit exaggerated of course), where you see nothing and shoot in a random direction. This is no fun.

Upvote 0
FoolishNinja;n2264208 said:
Im all for some mini bosses or champions, but i dislike the gas explosion, what reduces your vision, thus having a worse gaming experience. Its like having a short black screen (a bit exaggerated of course), where you see nothing and shoot in a random direction. This is no fun.

I can see it being fun, It would be like an oh s***! moment. Like getting puked on next to a siren. It also makes crawlers somewhat of a threat.

Upvote 0
ckincbloodmoney;n2264058 said:
Tripwire, please add an option to change the song in the game. Add a sequential or even shuffle mode and set the "- and +" keys to switch between songs. I get sad whenever Despair comes on at the end of a round and I don't get to hear its awesomeness.

+1! Even if we don't get custom songs option, it would be nice to be able to make custom playlist or simply add next/prev song buttons. ALSO it would be amazingly nice if you add a simple note of which song is playing (on the screen when you press escape for instance). I remember this feature in Zombie Panic Source, where the current bgm name was shown on the screen. I don't think it would be very difficult to implement the same thing but not to be entirely on the screen but shown somewhere - on the score screen or the menu screen, either way its nice addition without much effort imo.

Upvote 0
Now that's what I'm talking about! Looking forward to seeing the PVP versions of Zeds incorporated into actual play, I'd been hoping for special versions of the zeds for a while. Hopefully this and the new behaviour will push Suicidal into where HoE is roughly atm, that'd be grand! :D Also REALLY looking forward to the SWAT guy, it sounds like a very interesting perk indeed!

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2264018 said:
Crawler gas in Survival? Just no! for gods sake don't add that crap in survival. I hate the idea of how Crawlers can explode into gas, it's just stupid as hell. Everything else is fine..

I was going to write basically the same thing - everything else about the crossovers from VS is alright... but please leave that crawler gas bomb garbage out of the survival mode.

I'm not even sure how that is suggested at a board meeting and people respond, "yeah, that sounds really good". Sorry to come off so negative regarding this point, but just please no...

In regards to blocking, correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Gorefast and FP already do this? Or is this blocking behavior beyond the current functions of these zeds? Just curious.

Upvote 0
People should stop complaining about bloat mines and gas crawlers. These features are not yet in the game on survival and TWI have a lot of time to balance them out for PVE experience. Just wait, test it out and then give your feedback. Don't second guess how it's gonna look like.

Personally I can't wait for the Zeds AI changes. And new abilites/blocking. It sounds fun and I hope it stays that way after the update hits.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2264302 said:
In regards to blocking, correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Gorefast and FP already do this? Or is this blocking behavior beyond the current functions of these zeds? Just curious.

The blocking you are talking about is raged FP block, which is already in the game and raged Gorefasts blade movement, but it's not a block. He's just swinging it around.

They want to add new blocking that will activate at the time they are not enraged yet.

Upvote 0