• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Workshop

Steam Workshop

• Yes

Votes: 80 85.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Well, doesnt matter either way

Votes: 11 11.7%

• Total voters

No Glory

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Hey all, by now, a lot of us will know what the steam workshop is.

For those of us who dont:
It is a built in collection of mods for games found in the library panel of our steam programs (for workshop compatable games). By selecting the mods in the workshop it allows for it to be automatically downloaded and installed into the game by steam with the click of a button.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible for this game and whether the community feels there is enough of a need for it. (With downloadable mutators and maps)

EDIT: If you want the voice of the community heard, please vote in the poll!

Last edited:
I think that KF could benefit greatly from the steam workshop however TW haven't bothered updating the whitelist and KF still has many of the original bugs that it had when it was released.

So whats the chances of this happening?

Don't mean to sound negative, KF has a ton of potential and its kinda just been left. New weapons and maps are nice but thats just the surface.

Come on TW do more with the killing floor :D

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
I said no. Only because it would be a logistical nightmare! Wait until the first time some content is uploaded that is claimed to be stolen. Another scenario is :suppose the author no longer wants their work up on steam? These are only the simplest of problems, more will arise. I say we take the matter of mod and mutator endorsement into our own hands apart from steam.

Upvote 0
the key though, is how many things are there to actually put into steam? The only things that could be added as of now, would be character skins, zed skins, maps, weapon skins, bugs/glitches fixes, weapon balances, modified perk stats, perk ideas, zed ideas, obejct skins (like money), and thats about it. Also, over hlaf of these things would not be whitelisted. I would love to see this happen, but Im afraid it just wont happen because what makes TWI unique, is that their able to keep to themselves for the most part, and are able to make amazing things happen. Once the summer event and things gets settled, I think it would be something that they should atleast look into. Even f they dont join it, maybe they might see something that catches their attention andgives them an idea.

Upvote 0
I'd say yes, because it'd greatly help with less version mismatching of tons of versions floating about on servers and on the net, so everyone can heap everything together in one spot where we can all DL it where the Final final version of everything is put and kept, and updated eventually if need be due to fixes?

Honestly it'd be great since I would love to download some of the custom maps that are on servers but I cannot find on forums or if I do, i get a version mismatch eventually and have to eventually try to download it off the server but the DL speed is too atrociously slow :/

Upvote 0
a big YES.

I would be awesome to have all custom content easily available instead of using shady hosting that disappears or make it hard to get files.

It was actually the megaupload tanking that got me thinking about this after a lot of skin's links were lost ^^

Oh hell yes, easier to share yer crap (no offense) and it'll also expose some of the creators to the rest of the mad Steam Community, more traffic for Killing Floor in the process as they drool upon the glory and unholy creations some of the mentlegen on these forums can conjure up. :IS2:

Plus access to the foreign members of the KF's crew's mods and muts that they host on their own sites.

Upvote 0