• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stealing hats

Lets throw the whole realism and common sense thing out of the window.

For a first person shooter? When you put it on your head, you will not even be able to see it. :rolleyes:

And I don't see the point anyways. A German helmet will look like a German helmet... a Soviet like a Soviet.

Unless you are suggesting custom player logos on everyone's helmet which is awful for a game that tries to be authentic.

In a game like RO, I don't think anyone will care about custom logos, stats, ranks or anything either way. I know I don't.

Upvote 0
Lets throw the whole realism and common sense thing out of the window.

For a first person shooter? When you put it on your head, you will not even be able to see it. :rolleyes:

And I don't see the point anyways. A German helmet will look like a German helmet... a Soviet like a Soviet.

Unless you are suggesting custom player logos on everyone's helmet which is awful for a game that tries to be authentic.

In a game like RO, I don't think anyone will care about custom logos, stats, ranks or anything either way. I know I don't.

If you saw my previous post, it isn't for fashion design.

You should stop playing tf2...

Only played it twice.

Imagine the amount of teamkills. You see soviet helmet lingerin above sandbags and put a bullet trough its redstar. Then you're abused for teamkilling.

Teamkills? I usually focus more on the clothing rather than head wear.

If this was just a joke, nevermind then. It would just be a very poor joke. But since OP seems to be in for real, I must say that this is just one absolutely useless and most unrealistic (again The word, I know) suggestion to the extremity...

I see what you did there...

I already got my stuff sorted out (thanks to LemoN). I thought it'd be cool and I've been playing MoW lately so it was cute to see my conscripts with a German Officer's cap. My friend was the one who really suggested it, he just doesn't lurk on RO2 forums as much as I.

Thanks for the opinions (to those who didn't trash)

Upvote 0
beard-cap.jpg

^Future Hero Unlock:D

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
Animal%20rights%20group%20wins%20talks%20over%20guards%20bearskin%20hats_3505_1_1___Selected.jpg

You would need to include one of these.

Being serious, I like the idea a bit.. but not like it was presented. Perhaps as an upgrade to your character can you choose to wear a **** cap instead of a helmet as you get more seasoned. One of the characters in Iron Cross did this, he wore a soviet **** cap instead of the regulation helmet or cover.

Upvote 0
I don't see how someone can say that being able to pick up a helmet is unrealistic. It's unrealistic to not be able to.

Either way, it won't affect gameplay all that much, but it would be a cool feature. Plus I think it's pretty stupid to point out that it wouldn't be knocked off because they had chin straps, as if every soldier ever always uses it.

Upvote 0
I don't see how someone can say that being able to pick up a helmet is unrealistic. It's unrealistic to not be able to.

Either way, it won't affect gameplay all that much, but it would be a cool feature. Plus I think it's pretty stupid to point out that it wouldn't be knocked off because they had chin straps, as if every soldier ever always uses it.

thestupiditburns.jpg

Not being able to have a dump also would be unrealistic according to your reasoning. Let's include being able to fart and pee as well! Now, one may be called stupid, but many people would say this won't be realistic. Why you may ask? Because you'd have 64 players constantly throwing around helmets, peeing in the corner and farting in each others faces. :rolleyes:

Do you want us to start calculating the possibility of not having your chin strap on + getting a grazing hit by a rather slow projectile + in a area where you don't get killed or seriously wounded?

Also, I can't think of any reason not to use your chin strap when in combat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0