• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stats Reset Coming

The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three times margin.

Alan said in an interview that Killing Floor just broke the million sales, which means RO2 sold already 3 million? I kinda doubt it to be honest.

Upvote 0
Not a fan of a stats system in the slightest. It is merely the "game crack" approach used cynically now in games to reward players who play for long periods with "goodies" that make them appear uber l337 and provide an advantage for good little boys who get a pat on the head.

I left CoD because of this kind of shat (i also played the RO mod before someone chips in with "go back to cod").

If you have a life and cant dedicate 100's of hours you are penailsed as a casual gamer, please do attempt to argue this point if you don't agree, I would like the opportunity to explore how better weapons, faster reloading and ironsighting etc is not an advantage against someone without these options (especially when so many people are crying about other people already having this advantage). This is just going to alienate casual players, it works for consoles I agree but this is a more adult game and as such I doubt as many have the play time available that kids do. It's bad enough for new players trying to learn the maps, how to use the weapons effectively without being on an uneven playing field before you even gain any experience

The reset is a bad idea heaped on a bad idea, imo just get rid of the unlocks altogether, level the field and just give everyone the same loadout options, no jubby percentage advantage on abilities, because i'm telling you this is leading to viking hats, not literally ofc, but the TF2 model where by you will be able to buy upgrades, first they came for the communists and i didnt speak out.......mark my words

I would be happier if this game was just fixed for performance, maps optimised, better warning of protected areas and the other minor bugs here and there rather than burning calories on stats.

This game is a good game, I just played BF3 betmo and thats a steaming pile of turkey shat following the console route. I like this a hell of a lot more as a game but am concerned we are going down the Infinityward road and that leads to turdsville.

This has essentially been one big beta of which I have participated, I have ranked up and I like the loadout options I have now but now I will be losing any progress I have gained, to me this now means that (post patch) when I want to jump on for a game I will be disadvantaged by the stat wh0res who can put in 100's of hours in and be rewarded, where as atm nearly everyone has all the unlocks and the game plays fine.

/run hate

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0