• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Startup Crash

Well there's not a lot more I can suggest. It's definitely an issue somewhere with your computer, so aside from the obvious of updating your graphics drivers, motherboard drivers, sound card drivers, directx build, manually deleting the kf\system folder and letting it redownload, I can't think of anything else. You could post your directx diag log just in case anything in there is obvious, or download the ut2004 demo and see if that works.

Just had a thought: do you have riched20.dll in the windows\system32 folder? If not get a copy of that and put it in there and try again...

Edit: I also have them in my Windows\SysWOW64 folder so if you don't have them in there either copy them in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Morello your final edit was the money maker, I did infact have riched20.dll in my systems folder and SySWOW64 folder, but there was a riched32.dll and that was missing in SySWOW64 and I copied that over and it works.

So if anyone else has the same problem make sure riched20.dll and also riched32.dll are both in windows/system32 and windows/SySWOW64

Thank you very much for your help I am off to play some Killing Floor!

Upvote 0