• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Well, meanwhile high- but a. Im alone there (no AI/physics calculations) and b. while it runs smoothly I still feel something is difficult for my pc, I know it sounds a contradiction but I cant really find better words to describe it.

Maybe its not too bad but prey, call of juarez, brothers in arms etc are all titles that are looking down on me and snub me with contempt.
Even RO is just barely passable. source games runs great though.

Upvote 0
These screenshots give an idea about the size of the Zone-map (watch the scroll bars!):

img45d87b4229552.jpg

img45d87cb0300a4.jpg

img45d87daa337f2.jpg

The last one is showing the player in a village.

source

Upvote 0
These screenshots give an idea about the size of the Zone-map (watch the scroll bars!):source
Yes but if you read a few previews you are restricted to following the story in SP by the fact that you can't get suits to handle the rads of certain areas until later, so it's not like Oblivion where you can just go anywhere.

Here's hoping there's someone who I can murder and pinch his suit early on.

Upvote 0
Veering off topic a little I think Oblivion was a big let down, granted I am predisposed to not like any quasi-D&D bull****, but I just found a lot of aspects of the game were dodgy and they overshadowed any goodness. Like the fruit loop AI, repetitive and pompous dialogue, and the whole "everything levels exactly with you" thing. I also didn't think the world was that groundbreaking either, in actuality if you jump on a horse and go for a ride around you realise it's really not that big at all.

There were good things about it though, like the high level of accessibility as opposed to other rpg's.

I just hope and pray that Bethesda doesn't stuff up Fallout 3 :(

Upvote 0
I just hope and pray that Bethesda doesn't stuff up Fallout 3 :(

Hahaha, just head to www.nma-fallout.com and see if any single one member there thinks that FO3 will be any good. The developers of Bethesda have hinted that they won't use the isometric view nor the game will be turn based. Wohoo, Oblivion with guns!

I bet it sells well but so did Oblivion which I thought was a piece of poo with the most clich

Upvote 0
Hahaha, just head to www.nma-fallout.com and see if any single one member there thinks that FO3 will be any good. The developers of Bethesda have hinted that they won't use the isometric view nor the game will be turn based. Wohoo, Oblivion with guns!

I bet it sells well but so did Oblivion which I thought was a piece of poo with the most clich

Upvote 0
what I loved about Fallout was the feel, the look and the sense of humour, if they capture that (which I doubt) I'd be happy.

Yeah, I bet they leave all the violent and naughty stuff what made Fallout Fallout out since it would drop their sale rates. I bet they're striving for a low PG rating so that every Oblivion kiddie can get his / her hands on it.

And one other funny thing is that they refused to hire some old Interplay developers who applied to work on FO3. :rolleyes: I have zero hope for this game to be good.

Upvote 0
Actually he has a very good point. Games that are created for consoles are nearly always "dumbed down" to a certain degree. Quite a bit, actually, since the intended target audience (regardless of the game's rating) is generally the 10-15 year old crowd. Dedicated PC games tend to be aimed towards a more mature crowd.

Console games ported to PC always feel amateurish to me.

Upvote 0