• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

The verrsion number didn't show for me either-
i checked mine by getting up the server browser- only compatable version servers were highlighted and the ver no. is listed.

I have looked for a few mods- and found one that apparently reduces the respawns of NPC, which i think are well over the top in the stock game.
It's called YASM ( yet another stalker mod) but I don't really want the other effects for this playthough (maxweight increase, complete changes to trading system , as well as ammo armour and weapon changes amoungst others)
Besides, i'm not even sure it runs on 1.05.

Would it be relitively easy to produce a mutator that effects the NCP or specifically Bandit respawn time?
Could the ability for corpses to regenerate items once you revisit the area they lie in be removed?
Possibly better and easier to remove bodies once you leave an area- would this be that hard to do?
edit - just realised with this if you killed the military guarding bridge at 1st zone, they would get replaced the 1st time you revisted- rather than giving you the 5 odd days it take a corpse to disappear normally.

I wouldn't really know where to start looking to tell the truth.

Upvote 0
Will be picking this up through steam for sure. Stalker is one of the best games i have ever played.

Which is probably a good thing in terms of patching up and adding content for direct download games. I know steam can be anoying some times but to be honest I like it and if it makes more sales and publicity for less know devs like GSC and TW i applaud it.

I agree. It also means filthy publishers can not hamper with the developers vision.

Upvote 0
I never found one good website for stalker mods but if you go to the GSC forums (just type GSC stalker forums in google) and there are two sections for mods, though its best to look at the discussion forum rather than the download forums.

Surely there can't be many more mods/mutators than those listed here - however I dont know how up to date they are and they may be incompatable with the latest patch.
As for finding out which you want from fellow Ro forum members - the threads are a bit of a mess, some don't show though searching directly.
I've found
Mods for v1.005 thread
Realism mods for stalker v1.004
specific to Oblivion lost stalker mod
dead thread Stalker realism mods
plus this and another one which were both started in anticipation of the game's release.
I think it might be helpful if there was some kind of merging- or a new Stalker thread that concerns the game itself plus mods.
But phaps this is it already so no worries.

Upvote 0