• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Having worked for the company publishing the game, and having heard all the insider info on this game...

I'll believe it's coming out when I see it on the store shelves, not before. As for elements being removed, well, that wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact it sounds a whole lot like the devs were told to cough up or else. Wouldn't be the first time that a publisher has told one of their studios to do "whatever it takes" to get a game out the door.

Upvote 0
Pre ordered my copy on Friday. $39.99 for a new release ain't so bad. :)

Collector's edition packaging looks nice though.

31422_1.jpg

31422_2.jpg

Upvote 0
the way guns work sound cool in this game, they can wear out and misfire. and also different guns need different types of ammunition, iron sights, plus realistic bullet trajectory and force, this game isnt totally unrealistic.

Lol, wear is realistic? Do you know how many thousands of rounds it takes to wear a military arm out?

Now fouling is realistic. The gun'll get dirty and not want to work - excpeting AKs... they don't care. Neither do most modern combat pistols.. so never mind the fouling. Though accuracy will get worse, not that you'll notice with an AK. :p But you just give it a quick clean, and everything's fine.

I agree to Reddog. Little stuff makes a difference, guys. Little stuff is what makes up QUALITY. I'm sick of half-assed crap being passed off as "finished" and "good" or better.

Upvote 0
I also don't like the weapon selection that much either, they could put alot more European guns in. Personally I reckon a great zone weapon would be a FAL, nice hitting power for mutants and zone creatures, reliable and simple to clean, quite accurate and the option of automatic for close quarters.

I hope modders get to work adding weapons in and changing the models to be correct.

Upvote 0
I also don't like the weapon selection that much either, they could put alot more European guns in. Personally I reckon a great zone weapon would be a FAL, nice hitting power for mutants and zone creatures, reliable and simple to clean, quite accurate and the option of automatic for close quarters.

I'd have to disagree.. this is an east-euro setting, soviet stuff is the way to go (and i very much dislike that MP5 being there..), cheap, reliable, plentifull, that fits the theme.

I do love the FAL, great gun, but it would stick out like a sore thumb here, just like that pesky MP5.

Upvote 0
sacreligious
No it ain't sacreligious, Sved may be one of those evil moderator types but he's right here. HL2 was definitely all hype no game.

@Grobut;
I don't see what's wrong with a FAL or MP5 they're both European firearms. The way I see it sure the Ukraine is Eastern Europe but Europe is one big continent and illegal arms flow both ways, therefore any Euro gun is ok :D

Now seeing Western weapons like M16's and such, that would be wrong.

Upvote 0
Firstly - I can't believe how much moaning is going on about it. Just because it isn't 100% realistic, doesn't make it bad. STALKER has been in development for considerable time, and it was always an ambitious project. It's a shame that things haven't turned out the way they wanted them to, however I'll still be giving it a go.

Secondly - I've had it on pre-order since it was first available on play.com so it's

Last edited:
Upvote 0