• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Aye, the economy is great now, before the patch i made myself a vast fortune very quickly, and it just kept growing and growing as i compleated missions and traded away junk to make room for more guns and ammo, and the stores had nothing worth buying (that i coulden't also get for free) so i never had any use for it.

Now though, im useing that money so fast i need to take side quests to earn more (and mostly because the shops actually have stuff i want to buy now!), and thats how its supposed to be! :)

Upvote 0
Now though, im useing that money so fast i need to take side quests to earn more (and mostly because the shops actually have stuff i want to buy now!), and thats how its supposed to be! :)

Yeah, I'm also having trouble with the 50 kg carrying capacity now since I can't bring all my loot to a trader. Now I have to choose what will I take with me and what should be stashed, thrown away or used immediately. Also, searching for artifacts has much more meaning.

The patch really fixed the economy, I'm still trying to collect 24 000 rubles for a decent armour. :p

Upvote 0
As for the controller, the second time around (since I patched my game and lost my saves so had to restart, woo) I just stabbed the hell out of him.
lol! I haven't got to him yet the 2nd time (since I patched & restarted also) but the first time I was like "WTF, wait...which way do I run?" I thought he was mind ****ing me and I had to do the opposite of what my eyes were percieving. He's pretty easy though to just run away from and escape or wait and ambush him and put some SLUGs in his chest. This is the first FPS I've played that has shotgun slugs, I love them, IRL they are enormously damaging (you can penetrate a cars engine block with one) and also in game thankfully. If one connects it's pretty much always a one shot deal. Fun stuff.

Upvote 0
Go to older drivers, look at previous posts in the thread, seems to have helped.

Ive read the posts and done my homework before crying for help- what werner said that fixed his problem hasnt worked for me cos the 93.71 is not compatible with the 8800GTS (which Ive learned only after the toil. BLAH)
I guess I should have stated it.

So come on fellow roers, help me out here plz.

Upvote 0
Ive read the posts and done my homework before crying for help- what werner said that fixed his problem hasnt worked for me cos the 93.71 is not compatible with the 8800GTS (which Ive learned only after the toil. BLAH)

nvidia is set to release drivers soon that considerably improve performance in STALKER when using their latest 8800 cards.

Upvote 0

I don't know, man. If you don't want to turn some settings down then you'll probably just have to wait till nvidia releases it's "optimized for stalker & 8800" driver. Try turning the texture quality down to medium and compensating for the resulting lower res textures by upping your anisotropic filtering. That's one main thing that really helped my performance (course I'm running in Directx8 + many settings turned down since my system is considered junkyard for PC gaming). Like I said if you don't want to compromise on running STALKER in full glory then do the texture lower then filter compensate. You might be surprised that the textures still look more than acceptable by doing that (or possibly not I don't know your standards) hehe.

Upvote 0
I don't know, man. If you don't want to turn some settings down then you'll probably just have to wait till nvidia releases it's "optimized for stalker & 8800" driver. Try turning the texture quality down to medium and compensating for the resulting lower res textures by upping your anisotropic filtering. That's one main thing that really helped my performance (course I'm running in Directx8 + many settings turned down since my system is considered junkyard for PC gaming). Like I said if you don't want to compromise on running STALKER in full glory then do the texture lower then filter compensate. You might be surprised that the textures still look more than acceptable by doing that (or possibly not I don't know your standards) hehe.

After playing forever on a junkyard, when you finaly set your mind to invest two hardearned k's on a rig...well, yes- youve got expectations.
But anyway- the stuttering goes all the way down to the dx8 level so its not a question of me being a perfectionist or not.

nvidia is set to release drivers soon that considerably improve performance in STALKER when using their latest 8800 cards.

Great news, man! but will it be for xp fer sure? Any idea how soon?

Upvote 0