• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SS overnerfed?

I'm not saying Support is OP. The AA12 is powerful, and rightfully so, considering how much it costs and the pricey + scarce ammo.

The main reason I made this topic was because of the fact that I was rather confused at some of the topics claiming that the SS was over nerfed. It just so happens that I have been playing sniper classes all my life (TF2, Halo, CoD), and with my good aim I can completely carry my team on normal.

I do realize that things are much different on higher difficulties, but I'll wait till I have level 6 SS/Medic/Support.

Is there any reason to dual weild 9mms or HCs?

Upvote 0
I'm not saying Support is OP. The AA12 is powerful, and rightfully so, considering how much it costs and the pricey + scarce ammo.

The main reason I made this topic was because of the fact that I was rather confused at some of the topics claiming that the SS was over nerfed. It just so happens that I have been playing sniper classes all my life (TF2, Halo, CoD), and with my good aim I can completely carry my team on normal.

I do realize that things are much different on higher difficulties, but I'll wait till I have level 6 SS/Medic/Support.

Is there any reason to dual weild 9mms or HCs?

Yeah, the main reason why people are so upset is because it used to be that if you just picked up a crossbow, or a m14, you could just keep pressing the fire button and win on any difficulty. Scrakes killed by any headshot, any difficulty, by any perk, as long as it was an xbow firing. And now with these drastic cuts, people are wondering if we went too far.

As for dualweilding....at the moment it is actually a bad thing, really, but I wouldn't count on dualweilding being a bad thing forever. But, for now, it is pretty useless except in a few specific tactics (Distracting FPs as a medic, for example)

Upvote 0
I think it's perfect now. Killing Floor is a co-op game, so it's great the team now are kinda forced to stay together and help out with the biggies. SS still deals great amount of damage against scrakes and FPs. For instance.. If the sharp carries an xbow, and shoots a FP or scrake it ofc wouldn't be enough but that leaves the rest of the team to finish it/them off. Perfect.
Maybe the sharpshooter won't get that many kills, but he is still important to have on the team. Imo, the sharpie should focus on FPs, scrakes, husks and sirens.

Also, how many headshots with a LAR will be required to kill a Scrake or a FP?

That depends which difficulty you are talking about.

My response:
Spoiler!

I just love that picture.. xD

Upvote 0
Imo, the sharpie should focus on FPs, scrakes, husks

That is exactly what I have been doing. I take out my HC for taking out the mobs of Crawlers/Stalkers, 9mm for anything else, and I'm always looking into the distance to take out a FP, Scrake, Siren or Husk.

Speaking of Husks, why do I have so much trouble landing a headshot on them, at least with the Xbow?

Upvote 0
Stunned Scrakes on the other hand, yeesh. They seem to have no head lol.

Evilsod and a few other have mentioned shooting right above one of the shoulders will work. It seems like I can hit stunned scrakes fairly well. It's the stunned Husks that are giving me trouble at the moment. All the snow must be cushioning him against the damage. :p

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks for the info everyone! I'm gonna hit level 5 SS tonight. So close to level 6! Spawning with an Xbow will make me miss the LAR. I usually get body armor + a LAR after wave 1 :(

Spawning with the Xbow is not bad at all!
Remember that bolts can be picked up after firing them. So if you fight a single / few clots, jump up in the air and shoot downwards on them, so you can easily pick up the arrow again. That way you sorta have unlimited ammo :cool:

And, after the 1st wave is done, like Salad Snake said: Just sell the Xbow for LOADSA MONEY! (if you want to that is)

Upvote 0
lol yeah, i almost always start as sharpie for the sake of the solid 600 i get for it and if executed properly, no ammo from my 9mm need be spent. then i get armor+LAR+ammo and if i did well i get a handcannon. it fills the penetration roll that the crossbow would regularly give you (Triple headshot ftw)
And the dualies are for the commando more i think. that reload bonus really comes in handy.

Upvote 0
Oh god please don't say anything about Support, lord knows they'll nerf it next.

The game is in a good state of balance right now, the Support is powerful but as strong as he is he can't reliably take everything on single handed. Constant mobbing gives him alot of trouble and Fleshpounds and Scrakes to a degree give him ALOT of problems if he tries to take them on alone.

He seems a tad powerful because he can pump out damage very fast and can weld quickly, but he doesn't quite have enough umpf to go it alone, and welding distracts him alot fo the time from aiding the front line.

You don't have anything to fear :)

Upvote 0
For me, xbow is only used at the first wave because I can sell it at $600. Which means I can buy ANY spawning weapon from other perks and still have more money @ wave 2.

I look forward to selling price reduction on xbow. Making it not a T2 weapon with price higher than T3 and prevent everyone spawn as sharpshooter @ wave 1. (unless people dont know spawning with xbow is better than ANY perk or they cannot survive wave 1 with xbow)

Upvote 0
On HoE an SS can take out Husks/Sirens quicker then anyone else.

SS does pick off the deadliest Specimens. He takes out Husks/Sirens instantly and Scrakes in just a few seconds. On close quarters maps it is less vital since killing a Husk up close is no problem, but on longer maps he can down then instantly from far away where the other classes would take longer to take them out.

Hell are you talking about? 1 xbow headshot from any class takes out a siren or a husk.

We're probably just having a misunderstanding. I'm sure sharpshooters have a role in a turtle situation. If the team throws themselves into a corner and guns it out, yeah I'd take a *few* sharpshooters (1 is a joke) over other classes.

However, In ANY situation that requires the team to actually move while killing (90% of my HoE games), the SS becomes the most useless class in the game. He can't scout ahead of the team, because of his need for head shots; He can't kill the zeds the team is kiting because of his painfully slow speed (and again head shots).

Basically, everyone changed SS into this pure head shot cast. That's fine and all, until you actually have to MOVE. Whoops, testers made a tinsy mistake there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What do you mean the SS has painfully slow speed? It is the same speed as every other non medic/zerker class. I don't know why you are unable to run and gun with the SS, he has the Hand Cannon for when he needs to move and shoot and it only takes a second to line up headshots with a LAR or Crossbow. SS requires better aim then any of the other classes, if you can't handle that then that is why there are 5 other classes.

That's fine and all, until you actually have to MOVE. Whoops, testers made a tinsy mistake there.

I hate camping in one spot more then anyone. I have no trouble using SS while moving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0