• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Beta Patch Comments

Tcherkassy sounds problems are, gunfire sounds clipped, esspecially noticable with StG44 (this is other people, your own gun is fun), voice commands clipped, and artilerry clipped both in forground and background. There's more things, I know, but I can't remeber them all. Main thing is some sounds get clipped. Music is fine.

Thanks, I haven't heared that myself yet, but i'll keep a lookout for it and alert the testers to it.

Upvote 0
What do I do if I didn't create a backup file of steam and I can not access my original Red Orchestra?

If you have no interest in playing the beta again, just remove the extra part from the steam shortcut and it will download the regular version again.

If you want to play both, install steam a second time in a different directory and it will download the regular version. Then you can play either depending on which install of steam you use.

Upvote 0
And just so you know, creating the exterior model of a vehicle is maybe 10% of the work to get a working vehicle in game. Its not a simple matter of converting some static vehicle model into an ingame model. Vehicles have to be rigged, animation, interiors created, etc. All in all its actually a ton of work, which is why as of right now there is only 1 working user made vehicle released in the whole community.

Ok this explains it. Dont worry you guys are doing a good job and I think this wont be the last patch so some tanks can be added later as well.

Quick question, will it be possible to add the BT-7 to maps like Orel or is it just for Berezina?

Upvote 0
Any vehicle (bt 7 or at guns) that comes with this patch will be exposed in the editor to anybody to make use of. And if the vehicle is updated or code additions happen, they will happen in a RO patch so you won't have to go looking for them or half 20 different versions of the same object floating around. There will be just one and it will be the one in the latest patch of RO:O.

Upvote 0
Any vehicle (bt 7 or at guns) that comes with this patch will be exposed in the editor to anybody to make use of. And if the vehicle is updated or code additions happen, they will happen in a RO patch so you won't have to go looking for them or half 20 different versions of the same object floating around. There will be just one and it will be the one in the latest patch of RO:O.
Is it still possible to "fix" or rather straighten that small gameplay issue, to make G41 and K98 ammo compatible with eachother? :)

Upvote 0
Not at this time for this patch. Code and content lock means we do not add any additional code that was not introduced in the patch. We will only fix/address code that was added in the patch or caused to be bugged due to patch code.

We lock content and code for the very reason of not introducing new bugs. Every time something is changed in the game there is the chance of a new bug being introduced. Seeing as we are so close to release there is a high chance this bug won't be found till after public release. This is a bad thing.

Upvote 0
Gosh dangit answer my question!

You mean to go back to the non-bata RO? Probably eliminate all the extra stuff you added in the command line then open Steam and revalidate. That will probably download the 'old' stuff. I am half-guessing here....

Oh, been trying the beta last night and tonight. So far, so good. Was on Valley of Death and Wateverovko on the RGN server running AB and noticed no problems. :)

Upvote 0
Oh, been trying the beta last night and tonight. So far, so good. Was on Valley of Death and Wateverovko on the RGN server running AB and noticed no problems. :)

Is that the snowy gultch with the river? I had such fun playing that one as a machine gunner along with 3 other gunners. Best thing was hearing my MG and others start "talking" to each other.:cool:

Upvote 0
First of all, thanks for this great game. Play it almost daily.

My comments on the beta patch are the following;

- i see no difference in the tankbattles. I still can shoot enemy tanks in one or
two shots.
- don`t like the alltime screaming.
- The in game music is unnessary. I have lowered my music sound to zero so
i don`t hear it anymore.
- The new maps i had already downloaded before the patch.
- no fix for setting off all voices with voip.
- no fix for that you sometimes can`t use the speech menu during a game.
- i would like to see that you can choose your own cammoflage for your own
tank.
- men can ride up a tank now, nice to see.

Further thanks for let lesting us this beta patch.

Upvote 0