• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Special waves need balancing

twolfe

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 28, 2018
Special waves (one zed type and weekly) need to be balance on how many zeds spawn at once and the total amount that will spawn. I am not happy getting to the twenties and dying due to 30 scrakes on the map and we have 120 more to go. Yes, it may be possible, but it is improbable to do it within a reasonable amount of time or without dying.

agreed..we got scrakes on wave 13..something like 170 on the counter and about 30 up at once.

same for husks and fps. You have 0 chance because 30+ husks up at once is instagib, and 30+fp means there are many constantly raged because of their timers. You cant outheal 10 raged fps, and you will never have enough ammo to deal with 100s of fps. I am talking about 6 man HOE

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2315815 said:
agreed..we got scrakes on wave 13..something like 170 on the counter and about 30 up at once.

same for husks and fps. You have 0 chance because 30+ husks up at once is instagib, and 30+fp means there are many constantly raged because of their timers. You cant outheal 10 raged fps, and you will never have enough ammo to deal with 100s of fps. I am talking about 6 man HOE

Dont be so dramatic. The husk waves are the absolute best, its so chaotic and deadly.

The only problem waves are scrakes and fleshpounds, and that is because there isnt enough ammo. During those waves they should either make them fewer in number, or turn the ammo rate up alot. perhaps both to settle em down.

One thing is for sure, it isnt impossible. You have way more than 0 chance for anything endless throws at you. It really depends on the map how difficult the special waves will be.

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2315862 said:
Dont be so dramatic. The husk waves are the absolute best, its so chaotic and deadly.

The only problem waves are scrakes and fleshpounds, and that is because there isnt enough ammo. During those waves they should either make them fewer in number, or turn the ammo rate up alot. perhaps both to settle em down.

One thing is for sure, it isnt impossible. You have way more than 0 chance for anything endless throws at you. It really depends on the map how difficult the special waves will be.

Ergo my "Yes, it may be possible, but it is improbable to do it within a reasonable amount of time or without dying."

Upvote 0
twolfe;n2315874 said:
Ergo my "Yes, it may be possible, but it is improbable to do it within a reasonable amount of time or without dying."

I feel that is because there isnt enough ammo. perks like GS, SS, DEMO, can drop a FP in a few seconds (maybe 10 per FP) and even more perks can solo a scrake in 10 seconds. Those two types of waves definitely need some help, but they are very far from impossible. Then again, they should be the hardest waves

Reactions: Bluntman420
Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2315879 said:
I feel that is because there isnt enough ammo. perks like GS, SS, DEMO, can drop a FP in a few seconds (maybe 10 per FP) and even more perks can solo a scrake in 10 seconds. Those two types of waves definitely need some help, but they are very far from impossible. Then again, they should be the hardest waves

And in 6 man you are dead because there are always 10+ raged fps because they rage on timers. you canno stop that man raged fps.

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2316011 said:
And in 6 man you are dead because there are always 10+ raged fps because they rage on timers. you canno stop that man raged fps.

You sure they're on timers? I've had scrakes follow me around for a long time without raging...until I make them rage myself :p. These waves ARE doable. That said, on many maps there is just not enough ammo unfortunately.

Upvote 0
I don't know why they thought the husk wave was a good idea. Have heard of people complaining about frame drops and just about every husk wave on hell on earth ends unless there's an eviscerator zerker that knows what they are doing. I had high hopes for endless mode for pushing my skill level but this just straight out ruins it and I don't wanna play on modded servers because I just like to start the game and play it, not having to look for people to play with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0