• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sounds of tanks and effects on nearby infantry

Well, i had alot of 60+ ton tanks driving around me in my life, but to be honest it was loud etc, but it wasn't like my view was shaking or something like that.

You feel vibrations standing on concrete, but it isn't an earthquake.

I think that is yet another thing sadly can't properly be modeled in a game. A tank is loud and frightning, yes, but that is kinda hard to implement.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the videos guys, those are the ones I was talking about.

Zekk, I agree they should not cause an earthquake or anything like that, but a very powerful audio effect of an approaching vehicle that is about to run you over would be very nice (I realize its too early to comment, since we have not yet seen any of the new tanks in RO).

Upvote 0
[RO]schneidzekk said:
Well, i had alot of 60+ ton tanks driving around me in my life, but to be honest it was loud etc, but it wasn't like my view was shaking or something like that.

You feel vibrations standing on concrete, but it isn't an earthquake.

I think that is yet another thing sadly can't properly be modeled in a game. A tank is loud and frightning, yes, but that is kinda hard to implement.
But have you ever driven in a semi-destroyed city where everything is so fragil that just a touch of a hand would collapse a house?

Now if you drive those cities, you'd certainly notice that... :D

lol *remembers when a British Challenger tank destroyed a whole sidewalk in Germany* :D

Upvote 0