• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some wishes for KF3.. by someone who has played since start KF1

Impsak_2

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Hi,

This is awesome... KF3!
Ive played since the start.. KF1...

Now I just hope TWI stick to the reason why KF got so popular in the first place... It should be a simple/scary/adrenaline with good Gun feeling type of game and very satisfying effects of shooting the zeds... blood, body / bodyparts all over etc.

I also hope they exclude everything related to Crosshairs and Autoaim... atleast on PC... maybe autoaim is needed on PS or XBOX... but on PC with mouse it should not even be a choice. Please remove option of crosshair and autoaim!

Boss health bar, please exclude in KF3 (like in KF1) except for commando's as it was originally. It makes the boss fight more scary and intense not knowing how much healt he has left, and we needed to have a commando that can indicate and spend energy on actually communicating it without getting killed by boss while doing so.

Sliding... I hear rumors about implementing the ability to slide etc in KF3... personaly dont care much for extra "advanced" movement like this. I want all the effort to go into Gunplay, Zeds exploding/blood/bodyparts and graphics. Killing floor is not a Call of Duty game and sliding around on concrete or tarmac would just be weird. (leave that for the CoD games...)

Horror, more back to the KF1 vibe maybe, with KF2s gunplay and whatever combined together with unreal engine 5 and its capabilities this has the potential to be over the top awesome.

Gun sounds, in KF1 you could hear the gun sounds from your squad mates almost as loud as your own gun, in KF2 the gun sounds from your nearby Squad mates is almost muted.. why ? If your standing close to a teamplayer while he is firing his gun, it should sound as loud as your own gun. It makes the whole experience much more intense/chaotic, and I have been missing this since KF1. And thats what the game is all about? Trying to survive a chaotic situation with nice guns and smooth gameplay :)

2nd weapon / please add the 2nd weapon, pistol/rifle or whatever to the teamplayers bodies, holstered on the hip or tier 3/4/5 weapon hanging on the back when not used, so that we know what weapons our team/squad has. It can affect the gameplay quite dramatically If you can see that your SQUAD members have a big Bazooka or Tier4/5 rifle on their backs, ready for upcoming Fleshies.

Medic, in KF2 you just fire to heal and the dart hits the teammates even if not aiming straight at them, in KF1 you actually had to make sure the dart hit where your teammate was standing or else you would miss him, and he died.. :) I liked this better. It was harder.

And last off, in early KF1, standing out on the plains of the KF1-FARM map for example, with the double barrel, L&L rifle or simple weapons in HOE awating the next wave of zeds,, feeling abit helpless.... This feeling was much stronger in KF1 compared to KF2.

I still enjoy KF2... but... KF3 has biiiig potential to get the best of both worlds now in early stage of development.

Keep it simple, make it awesome :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-I mean... Don't want to use the crosshair, just don't use it? I never even tried it to see if it was easier or not. I just got used to not having any crosshair. But that doesn't mean that the OPTION shouldn't be available to other players. That's kinda silly to wish for it NOT to exist when it doesn't impact you at all.

-That's a subtle, but very interesting change, I agree ! I believe it would be pretty neat to "buff" the Commando's capabilities by making him the only one allowed to tell when a boss is about to die.

-Yeah, I never even thought of Killing Floor as a candidate for a "movement" shooter. Not at all. I believe the ability to sprint is as far as we can go.

-And here we go again ! I still don't know why people put Killing Floor in the "horror" category. I don't understand it at all. Sure, the zeds look pretty gross. Some maps are pretty gloomy. But the pumping music? The banter? The arsenal that would make an army falter? Naaah dude. It ain't Silent Hill or Resident Evil. It's a gorey shooter. Just like Doom is one.

-I mean... Sure why not? I'm all for guns that packs a lot of oomph, and being nearly deaf after firing is (strangely enough...) a good thing ! Yet another easy little thing I'd like to see too.

-Strangely enough, that's something I barely ever see in shooters... But you're right : knowing your team's equipment can be vital in such games. Especially since we have PERKS and not CHARACTERS/HEROES, which you can guess the role in an instant. In a vacuum, it would be redundant if people simply communicated with their team whatever new things they're buying. But it almost never happens in pubs.

-I get where you're going for the Field Medic, but I actually believe that's one of the few KF2 changes that I like. The medic grew on to become way too powerful for its own good, when a medic should mean nothing without a team to backup. But with the increased movement (thanks to sprinting mostly), being able to semi-track your darts is a blessing. Nothing more annoying that seeing your pals die because you fired the dart 3cm to the right...

-I'm not sure what you're implying with your very last point. I guess it's more about "the vibes" ...? But then that's a tricky point to modify. I think making the future game fairly harder, but also darker, could boost that impression. But we also need to realize that KF1 was also totally new for many of us... Who are these monsters? How do we beat them? What weapon should I use? What perk? Where's the damn trader? Oh ****, I didn't have time to repair my armor... so on, so on. Plus, many QoL that KF2 brought just weren't there yet ! So of course, KF1 had a different type of feel, because of its novelty. KF2 on the flipside, seemed more familiar.

Upvote 0