• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So what zeds will friendly fire in KF2?

outofrealman

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
So far I have seen all 3 kinds of clots hitting bloats (if the bloat puke on them) but not husks. Even if the husk burn them, they still seem to come at me. The bloats dont seem to care some clots hitting their back.

I have seen scrake get hit by rage pounds, but only attack the grumpy guy once and switch target back to me (and the FP doesnt care).

Sirens seems to scream at FPs back after they get knock away (I dont think the scream can damage FPs however). The sirens also ignores me if the FP is far away, until I attack them.

Hans will blow up every trash zed for me.

I have yet to see other zeds actively attack other zeds. Only rage pounds knocking other zeds away and husk burning/fireball them when trying to hit me.

I miss FP vs Scrake fights...

It would be nice since we lack sharpshooter/demo classes if we could trick fleshpounds and scrakes into fighting each other. Didn't know about it happening in KF1, but in KF2 that would be useful and super awesome.

How it happen in KF1 is if the rage pound run into a scrake, the scrake will take damage and if the scrake can hit the pound before he run out of range, the pound will fight the scrake.

Upvote 0
I have seen a clot (regular type) persistently follow and attack a husk. I have also seen one do the same with a scrake. I observed both incidents while I was dead and spectating so I could follow them around, and those clots were persistent, kept following them and attacking them when they could. I didn't see the incidents that caused those clots to attack the big uns, so I can't say exactly which mechanics are at play for triggering that behaviour, because as stated in OP I have seen numerous clots and others get burned by husk without causing them to attack it. Perhaps it is random?

I sort of hoped that the husk and scrake would either die or turn around and fight the clot (like they would in KF1), but they didn't seem to care one bit, and as soon as they got into player range they were just mown down, clot and all.

I have yet to see more epic encounters, like bloat vs scrake, that sort of thing which would happen in KF1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All zeds can friendly fire. It's just that they have different tolerance levels.

There is a difference between friendly fire and deliberately and persistently attacking another zed, though.

Friendly fire between zeds seems to happen all the time (it is basically business as usual with the fps and scrakes), while triggering zed attacking another zed is somewhat rarer.

Upvote 0
Like in the first one, I've noticed Fleshpounds and Scrakes will charge through and kill a wall of meat to get to you, and the only ones that seem to be able to avoid that are the husk and the Siren (the husk always gets out of the way, and the FP always seems to avoid the siren, almost like "she's keeping me from getting blown up, I'll spare her"). I've also seen a bloat get annoyed at a fleshpound that raged right behind him and puked on him, killing him, then turned around and continued his waddle towards me.

Upvote 0