• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So many things wrong with this game

Argueing over players base could go on and on

the drop in players numbers showed that the majority of players who brought it were not pleased wether its the ones on here or not - if they were pleased we would still have as big or bigger than relase player base.

I know we had to have lost significant numbers of players. That's a reality of games, especially games with some troubles at release like RO2 has had. There's a grain of truth there.

But, that's said, comparing numbers of any given day to that of the first couple days after release is a bit misleading. Release day compresses a lot of players into a small period of time because a large number of people are all trying the game on a schedule starting at a definite time, which ceases to be true after a while. People that play say once a week are way more likely to log in on release day just to try the game, then settle into their weekly sessions, which will create a huge decline in hourly numbers. It's like a race: there's a compression of runners all in a small space at the beginning of the race, but it quickly spreads out. On an oval track, take a snapshot of the starting line right at the moment of the race begins, you see a lot of people there. But some time later you take a snapshot of the exact same spot, you will see very few, if any, racers. That doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot of racers dropped out of the race. It just means they're not there at that time.

Reactions: Cwivey
Upvote 0
as for loosing tactical game play and game play being too fast that because you now can move more realistically than you could in RO1 as in you move fast and can climb over windows and other obstacles without having to plan a route where you can take cover if your under fire, in RO1 you used to have to think before leaving a doorway to see if there was enough cover to hide behind now theres almost always a window or small wall to hide behind or jump through this isnt the games fault and more players and there poor choices...

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
as for loosing tactical game play and game play being too fast that because you now can move more realistically than you could in RO1 as in you move fast and can climb over windows and other obstacles without having to plan a route where you can take cover if your under fire, in RO1 you used to have to think before leaving a doorway to see if there was enough cover to hide behind now theres almost always a window or small wall to hide behind or jump through this isnt the games fault and more players and there poor choices...

You forget that in RO you could not instantly fire out of sprint you had like a period you had to wait before you could fire. Next to that going into ironsights took much longer.

The effect now is that someone set up covering an entrance, won't have any real advantage over someone just running in the room. Its purely a matter of who sees who first. This means that rather than carefully clear a corner you can simply run in make kills and go to the next zone.

Upvote 0
Yoshi, just because the majority is slient, it doesn't mean that they are against the opinions of most people here and that they are enjoying the game. Game forums are like the voting system in the US. Most people in the US don't care to vote and it's the small part of the population that elect their governors. The opinions of this small group of people most of the time are the same as the majority's, and it's basically the same thing here on these forums. How can you take into account the opinions of the majority if they don't express them?

Upvote 0
Yoshi, just because the majority is slient, it doesn't mean that they are against the opinions of most people here and that they are enjoying the game. Game forums are like the voting system in the US. Most people in the US don't care to vote and it's the small part of the population that elect their governors. The opinions of this small group of people most of the time are the same as the majority's, and it's basically the same thing here on these forums. How can you take into account the opinions of the majority if they don't express them?

Game/support forums are primarily filled with whiners. If the silent majority had something to whine about, they would make it to the forums. The reason why they are silent is because they are too busy playing the game.

I'm positive that your average non-forum goer puts more hours into the game than your average forum goer.

Upvote 0
Anyone playing online shooters has an internet connection. I fairly believe the Tripwire Dev Forums are political correct and accessable from every nation on that globe. So if people don't register here and afterwards post here to help with the development of the game, they don't want their voices heard.

We were and are here discussing (yes, angry and disappointment to be frank here). We told and tell you what we want in the game and you try to imagine (nothing else you can do) what people outside the forums who don't share their thoughts want possibly in the game?

Dude! :eek:

Upvote 0
Especially since the player amounts for RO2HOS are at the same level as ROOST was before the release of HOS. If a sequel released about 6 years later than the original, and then doesn't obtain more players than the original game then something is clearly wrong with HOS.

Oops, meant to DIS-like. This could happen, with a hyped-up, well known, super polished game like COD5 or Uncharted 2. But you're asking a game made by a modders-made-good company, with a miniscule advertising budget, and negligible hype outside of the forums (until near release) to equal their well-ripened, fully mature previous game's playerbase within a few months!

Compare to Arma 2 for instance, utterly broken for around 2~ months after release, and probably looked like a catastrophic failure compared to the playerbase of Operation Flashpoint. But with time, updates and content, it grew. Just as I'm sure early players of RO1 will tell you it did. But yes, being their largest ever project, it's fair to say RO2 had their rockiest launch yet

Upvote 0

Game peaked at 10000, lots of people who bought it wanted to play it all at once when it game out and then steadily dropped to what it is now, because same people don't play every day, some dropped out to play something more their style, Skyrim and BF3 AND Mw3 came out just now - and we still retained 1000 guys daily peaks in a niche game.

I play the game about twice a week because I have a job and a family and I bet so do many others, you can do a rough calculation that we have around 4000-7000 more or less active players to fill the daily 1000-players peak. My guess would be around 5000 people who fire up RO2 at least once a week. Maybe less, maybe more. I don't know, I don't have enough data to calculate it.

Upvote 0
Argueing over players base could go on and on

the drop in players numbers showed that the majority of players who brought it were not pleased wether its the ones on here or not - if they were pleased we would still have as big or bigger than relase player base.

what we need now is actually openess about what is likely to change and how and whats not. We had the we are looking at changes ok what changes and please be precise not vague sweeping statements that can be interpreted all sorts of ways.

What about it Yosh what exactly are we talking about ? and whats not gunna happen in the forseable future ?

exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

We can only assume the declining player base holds similar opinions to those of us that care enough to find our way to these forums.

So this argument really needs to be canned.

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
- There is no teamplay, i mean nobody is attacking or defeanding the capzone. A lot of people are camping arround use there super zoom and snipe me away when i try to get into a capzone.
Of all the silly things said in this thread, this one takes the cake. If the enemy is killing you before you can get into an objective area, then guess what, they're defending that objective. Control of a space, both offensively and defensively, is not limited to an arbitrary 10 meter box at the center of that space, and there is no gameplay changes that can possibly be made that will bend that reality to fit your strange perspective.

Upvote 0
And something i like to see is:
a hard core style with...
- 100% Body Collision - No. It'll be horrible in the small and crowded buildings. Make it TF2 style, where you can slide past friendlies.
- enemy footsteps sound I agree.
- realistic mortar-strike sound I agree.
- the sound of metal hit metal when you are running Err, why? Those boots aren't metal plated nor is the ground.
- no ranking I agree.
- no unlocks I agree, to a point. Got nothing against cosmetic only-unlocks.
- no tank AI I don't agree - I don't want to teleport around in a tank RO:Ost style. Just make the bots lousy shooters. Tank AI got nothing wrong in the principle, it allows us to have more tanks in the field without teleporting solocrew.
- reload when i switch between AT and HE shells I agree. I still think it's a bug, but seeing how TWI recently said bandaging system being as designed instead of half-done makes me have doubts.
- WASD Turret Control No. I've played plenty of tank simulators and they all have it done via mouse. Because you can't do precise movements with WASD it's hard to make long-ranged shots hit where you want. This was possible in real tanks with the handcranks, you know.
- no enemy weapon loadouts It's kind of cool, seeing lots of germans actually used the PPSH, but it's silly when EVERYONE does it. Maybe only 1-3 guys per side?
- no locktime I agree. Or at least no lockdown beyond first objective
- no super zoom I disagree. Realistic FoV and engagement ranges are a must if we want to play a realistic game.
- one key fo "use" one for "cover" and one for "ammo supply" I agree.
- removable bayonet, of course if you use it your aim isn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You forget that in RO you could not instantly fire out of sprint you had like a period you had to wait before you could fire. Next to that going into ironsights took much longer.

The effect now is that someone set up covering an entrance, won't have any real advantage over someone just running in the room. Its purely a matter of who sees who first. This means that rather than carefully clear a corner you can simply run in make kills and go to the next zone.

Perfectly said, and 100% accurate.

Upvote 0

A lot of my friends who have buy RO2 don

Reactions: Mekhazzio
Upvote 0
Well Yoshiro, I tried to come back to the game (loved it even with the opening bugs) and proceeded to get killed over and over again by a Rambo machine gunner firing from the hip. Personally, it killed the game for me....I still check the forums from time to time just to see whats going on cause Im hoping that these silly things like John Ranbo will be dealt with.

Upvote 0
Well Yoshiro, I tried to come back to the game (loved it even with the opening bugs) and proceeded to get killed over and over again by a Rambo machine gunner firing from the hip. Personally, it killed the game for me....I still check the forums from time to time just to see whats going on cause Im hoping that these silly things like John Ranbo will be dealt with.

Seriously, I haven't seen a guy shooting from the hip to a great effect ever. Good MG'er is huddling down in cover and killing you from far away.

Upvote 0
The effect now is that someone set up covering an entrance, won't have any real advantage over someone just running in the room. Its purely a matter of who sees who first.
Exaggerating just for the sake of exaggeration doesn't help your argument. There is a distinct period of time between sprinting and beginning to aim, and there is another time delay between beginning to aim and being able to deliver aimed fire. Opinions will vary as to what people think those times should be, as opinions vary on anything, but the time to perform these actions is clearly greater than zero, and thus an obvious temporal advantage exists in favor of someone who does not have to take the time out to perform them, in addition to the expected positional and informational advantages.

As for how it compares to RO1, the slower time to sight in RO1 did not affect room clearing, because practiced players rarely, if ever, used sights for that task. Firing from the hip was much easier to deliver accurately in RO1, greatly reducing the need to sight in for short range shots. In my experience, the time gap between going around a corner and reliably killing someone on the other side was lower in RO1 than it is in RO2. I wouldn't even begin to try to bolt-action hipfire my way through Apartments buildings like was common in Danzig.

Upvote 0
Anyone playing online shooters has an internet connection. I fairly believe the Tripwire Dev Forums are political correct and accessable from every nation on that globe. So if people don't register here and afterwards post here to help with the development of the game, they don't want their voices heard.

We were and are here discussing (yes, angry and disappointment to be frank here). We told and tell you what we want in the game and you try to imagine (nothing else you can do) what people outside the forums who don't share their thoughts want possibly in the game?

Dude! :eek:

Most satisfied customers don't bother leaving feedback. That's why people push you so hard to leave feedback on amazon/ebay.

And even rarer than a mini-review, is someone who's willing to sign up to a forum just to make a thread stating their satisfaction. You'd have to be pretty astonishingly satisfied if you weren't already a forum goer.

Upvote 0