• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper spotter class

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Just came back from a great public game with Ralfst3r and we both thought this might be a good idea even if it might be a bit be more trouble than it's actually worth. :)

Basically I got the sniper class on Zhitomir and he stuck close to me with a semi or an SMG.He saved my life a couple of times and the teamwork was great but this never or almost never happens because there's no incentive to make people work as a sniper team.
This where my suggestion comes in:

A creation of a new class,sniper spotter for example would be a start.To further the cooperation the 2(the sniper and the spotter)should be linked,like tankers so when a sniper scores a kill it also goes to the spotter's score BUT only if he's in a area around the sniper like under 50 meters or so,to prevent people choosing the class and running off.

This class should be armed with an SMG or a semi-auto rifle so he can protect the sniper up close.In addition,he should also have binoculars so he can aid the sniper in the designation of targets.

Also,I would beg that the people that think snipers are over-rated or don't have any constructive criticism refrain from posting as it adds nothing to the discussion.

I second the motion :D

It is great when you can secure a perimiter for the sniper to work in, and would be nice to have binocs to aid in telling wether he hit the target or not. Linking the 2 (sniper + spotter) would be a nice addition to the game, and when not in the current game, maybe in the next. Who knows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
interesting idea but honestly when i snipe i dont want anyone hovering around me. they just give away my position and then i have to move because i get people shooting at me. Think it would only be really useful on some maps. like maybe lenningrad. The larger maps with lots of windows and stuff to snipe out of where someone could sneak up behind you. But the wide open maps where you snipe from maybe a bush or something it would be real annoying having someone near by all the time.

Upvote 0
The squad leader class suffices as a "spotter" class. Already on most of the maps the squad leader is equipped with binoculars, submachine gun/semi-automatic rifle and they are equipped with smoke grenades which can be useful for displacing from one position to the next. The squad leader can also play the role(for which they are intended)of MG spotter.

Upvote 0
There really isn't enough teamwork (usually) between pubbers to make a class like this work effectively. Sure you sometimes get two or three people who can work together, and it helps even more if they know each other, but as a whole new class it's not gonna be very useful when someone who just wants to get an SMG picks it because the SMG role is full.

Upvote 0