• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Smosh Games played KF2 and it was hilarious

I don't think they're stupid, I think they're just new. That is so refreshing to watch. Picking up the game for what appears to be the first time and having a great time even while losing is probably the holy grail of new player reactions. It can't be that unbalanced if they are that immersed so soon. If I were TripWire I'd want all new players to react the way these guys did. i loved when the guy got freaked out by the husk and ran the other way, and how the other guy welded the door shut on a crawler because he was scared of it. LOL. They even said verbatim "this game is awesome" at some point during the farm level.

So they lost to Hans and got schwacked by raging large zeds. I didn't hear them proclaim "this game is broken" at all. Like us, they'll likely wanna come back and try again til they get better, level up and beat Hans.

I am of the rare few that actually like Hans in his current form, with the minor exception that it would be nice to successfully get his attention when he starts chasing down a teammate, because that always ends in a death. Otherwise, I just take comfort in the idea that if you think of Hans as another player, it is obvious he is doing exactly what we would do if we were him fighting us. Hans has joined the likes of F.E.A.R. 1 Extreme Mode enemies and SEO in what is a small but growing fraternity of computers you have to go out of your way to treat like people in order to get the desired result.

One thing this indicates though is why it is important for flashlight and NVG battery life to be extended, because without good lighting, the video would be kinda hard to watch. It must have been a challenge to cut out darkened parts of the video that had otherwise great dialogue. Who knows what we missed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it gets better after the 1 minute mark but just the orange hair guys voice in the first few second annoyed me enough that I shut it off.

Thats a given! ^^

The video should be included in a "NOT HOW TO PLAY KILLING FLOOR 2" Guide! :rolleyes: .... and is the quintessential reason why low level perk kick mutators cant come fast enough!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
they thought the husk was the boss zombie

:rolleyes:

i would say they are really stupid but im hoping its on purpose because they called the ar-15 an ak.

that being said it was an amusing video, somehow.
yeah,even kids know how an AK looks like...:p
0cce07309fe3c763cf203939352f05b2.jpg

...but,the video was kinda fun to watch :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do they even call it Normal difficulty? That was Easymode from the first time they escaped a surround to the tenth time they blocked scrake chainsaws with their faces.

Still, it was surprisingly fun to watch. Definitely good press for KF2.
Because it's the default difficulty, the term "normal" never really meant that much in terms of game difficulty. Developers just kept using it as a pseudo-synonym to medium.

Makes me miss the old difficulty names in games like Wolfenstein 3D or Doom though.

Upvote 0
Except for when one guy literally says "that was broken" after getting killed by Hans melee.

lol I don't see them coming back ever. Youtubers only do things for clicks and with the 1000 people online playerbase that cares about this game I hardly think that they will have enough cash from that video to keep playing the game ... their Honnest Trailer videos get over 4 000 000 views, their other videos have minimum of 500 000 and the KF2 one - 200 000 ... I doubd that they will ever play this game again ...

Also the few seconds I watched those guys were forcing themselves to have fun so hard probably someone of them pooped during the video ... the whole screaming and WHOOOOAAAAA WHHUUUUUUUU just made me cringe a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course they're looking for clicks. If YouTubers didn't get ad revenue, there would be no YouTube videos worth talking about. It's like saying "they're just making good content because if they don't, noone will watch and keep funding said content."

I feel like people are reading what they wanna read out of it. I may have missed the guy calling it broken but who doesn't blame the game when they lose sometimes? It was so insignificant. Running away from a "chainsaw bro" (LOL) is not something people are used to in a gaming climate where it's usually you with the chainsaw. It's an example of so many typical tropes the game deftly flips the other way around and uses against us as players just to keep us on our toes. Hell, I showed a wave to my sister and brother in law (both major gamers) and they couldn't handle the stress of just watching a whole wave, so its not like these guys had to earn an Oscar to make it a watchable video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel like people are reading what they wanna read out of it. I may have missed the guy calling it broken but who doesn't blame the game when they lose sometimes? It was so insignificant. Running away from a "chainsaw bro" (LOL) is not something people are used to in a gaming climate where it's usually you with the chainsaw. It's an example of so many typical tropes the game deftly flips the other way around and uses against us as players just to keep us on our toes. Hell, I showed a wave to my sister and brother in law (both major gamers) and they couldn't handle the stress of just watching a whole wave, so its not like these guys had to earn an Oscar to make it a watchable video.

We get it, KF2 is fun. That's why we play it so much and feel some need to be active on this forum. You're preaching to the converted here.

Complaining about/critiquing the game doesn't mean we don't like it. If we really didn't like it we wouldn't bother.

Upvote 0