• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SMG sights, P90 especially...

Frost Spectre

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
For Starter SMG, MP7 has great reflex sight, usually starter weapons don't have redeeming qualities that makes them viable on later waves.

MP5 behaves like Tommygun with drum from KF1, in that sights don't really matter that much.

The P90 reflex sight (or is it called holographic sight) is annoying one, since it partly obstructs view when ADS...
I think it should be the same one as on SA80 bullpup, an EOtech sight...
Idea being that P90 is T3, and T3 weapons are usually viable weapons to use in later waves, while saving the T4 ammo for the worst situations.

KRISS Vector has the best sights possible in my opinion, no obstructions, makes it a monster on sights with the recoil system the weapon employs...

Well, I doubt that this gets anywhere tho. Just my opinion.

funny enough is that SA80 doesn't rock eotech sight but more like smth made in house, p90 is bit bulky but the sight is accurate for that gun, we just need a gun fov slider and thats all.
And your love toward vector's poor coyote rds, which for game is the best sight out there because of small housing, but in reality it's a cheap rds that is not bright enough and not reliable. All the sights are perfect, the major gripe with all of them is that their zoom level when ads is too damn high, and when you just use them from the hip the gun models are just too close, hence why some people craving for a view model fov slider.

Upvote 0
Chyros;n2269699 said:
I really like it that they went for different sights on things, gives the guns much more individual character. One of the reasons why I think customisation wouldn't work all that well with this game tbh.

Well... Pretty much what I was going to say (including about the customisation).

This being said,I really think the P90 sight could be reworked a little bit. I know it's already a "bulky" weapon to being with, but I'm certain there is a way to aim with it without covering half the screen.

Upvote 0
TBH I like all of the SWAT weapon sights except for the MP5 ironsights. They get in the way too much on full auto and burst fire. What I REALLY want to see is customizable sights/some level of gun customizability in the next KF game a few years down the road (even if it's just cosmetic parts). Assuming there is one (here's hoping). I think TWI does a good job of making gun models and choosing their sights, but it would be feckin' sick to test out the zed collector (for example) with illuminated ironsights, some different red dot sights, and a low-mag scope (x2-x4). Doubly true for sharps weapons. I figure I would prefer irons or red dots for some maps and scopes for other maps - or even team comps.

Upvote 0