• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SLI: Low GPU use in RO2 and RS

dibbler67

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Texas
Hey guys. I got a new PC a while back (before I really got into this game again) and I've been pretty disappointed with its performance in this game only.

My specs:

Gigabyte X79-UP4
i7 Sandy Bridge E 3820 @4.0 Ghz, watercooled
16 GB 2133MHz DDR3 (Corsair)
2x EVGA GTX 670
2x 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD, RAID 0
2x 500GB WD Caviar Black, RAID 1
Corsair 850TXV2 (850 Watts)
ASUS 1080p Monitor

Reading around, I should have no problem pushing 100+ FPS on max settings. Unfortunately the GPUs of both 670s hover at 50%, giving me FPS in the 40s-50s except in the menus (where it jumps to 90%+ and 130+ FPS) However, even if I disable AO and put shadows on high, performance remains the same. Power allotment settings are all maxed in Precision or set to "prefer maximum performance" etc. I'm not very hardware savvy, but this sounds like a CPU bottleneck even though that CPU should be crushing this game.

Anyone have any thoughts on solving this?

Last edited:
you should be at 150 or more at all times. weird. my phenom2 x4 955 @3.7 and single 560ti pull better fps.
you on win7 64?
what boxes under the sliders do you have checked? i only have light rays. I run mine with medium or low shadows most of the time. that seems to rob more fps for little gain than anything else. everything else on ultra.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you should be at 150 or more at all times. weird. my phenom2 x4 955 @3.7 and single 560ti pull better fps.
you on win7 64?
what boxes under the sliders do you have checked? i only have light rays. I run mine with medium or low shadows most of the time. that seems to rob more fps for little gain than anything else. everything else on ultra.

Windows 8 64. I can max all sliders and check all boxes and get the same performance as I do at medium-high settings.

Upvote 0
I have a single 680 and my usag eis 50% and on hanto @ first objective my fps can go as low as 40, with 60 players on.

Medium shadows.

However dropping Char model to Low helps quite a bit, but jesus the models look ugly then.

I have GTX580SC and the same problem appears. Even though I haven't checked GPU usage. Also any other map runs at consatnt 62FPS.
Hopefully it's due the beta.

EDIT: I checked GPU usage and when it drops down to 45 FPS, GPU usage is about 59%. Also I found another FPS drops on Peleliu, when I crawl through the bushes or when there is overview of the battlefield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0