• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Situational Shouts

LionbI4

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
I would like to have more realistic communication/gameplay.
I suggest to add 'situational shout' feature.
You should be able to map a key for 'situational shout' feature, which will mean different shouts depends on situation.
Let me show you some examples:
- you are sprinting, charging to enemy positions. You shout 'Вперёд!!!' - 'Assault!!!'.
- you are spotted an enemy inside a room. You shout 'Здесь немцы!' - 'Germans!'.
- you spotted a grenade, dropped on the floor. You shout 'Граната, ложись!' - 'Take cover, grenade!'
It would be nice, if we will have more than 1 variants for each situation.
Discuss.

Ok... but if you don't "really" see the enemy in cover in a natural element just front to you?

I think shorcut "to say" on the keyboard is the best solution, no?

To trigger the "situation" you can have clear event, like enemy appeared on your screen. And you don't have time to press multiple keys, because you are fighting or fleeing.
Same with grenade - if grenade just landed near me, I will try to escape as fast as possible, so no time to report.
If no trigger is currently active (or timed out) we could have default shotouts like 'Держитесь, братцы' (Hold on, brothers!)

Upvote 0
It sounds like a good idea because voice commands are not used as much as I think they should be in battle. I think it is just mainly an inconvenience thing because you have to cycle through the voice commands to get to what you want to say - and in the meantime you're probably already dead.

I think one of the problems with this idea is what happens when there is a situation where two of the things happen? Eg. there is an enemy you see pop out - and throws a grenade. You want to say "grenade!" more than you would want to alert that there is an enemy - and because of the situational shout it shouts out the fact that there is an enemy.

But having this system would be a lot easier and bring a lot more awareness to the battlefield. I think that the voice commands should be much better improved too and instead of them being heard from the otherside of the battlefield should be confined to only a certain radius - and only appear on some people's screens that "you need help" for example.

Upvote 0
I think one of the problems with this idea is what happens when there is a situation where two of the things happen? Eg. there is an enemy you see pop out - and throws a grenade. You want to say "grenade!" more than you would want to alert that there is an enemy - and because of the situational shout it shouts out the fact that there is an enemy.

We could have situation priority.
Grenade! - priority 1
Enemy spotted - priority 2
If you have 2 active events - you shot them by priority.
If you press 'Shout' once - you shout 'Grenade!'
If you press 'Shout' again - you shout 'Germans!'

Upvote 0
Works in Battlefield games. Having a context sensitive button for chatter would be simple to use and always at your fingertips. However you could also take it a step further if you wanted. For example depending on your location's distance from enemy fire/enemies in general, your tone for the shout key would be in whispers (audible if you're near, less/inaudible from afar) and so on.

Upvote 0
Nice idea, but we should be able to choose between silent, loud and whisper modes. Also, we should report only things that are in our field of view, but only tanks, artillery and grenades. And in the loud mode it'd be nice to yell when we bayo charge someone xD

But what I'd really like to see are new pain sounds. ROOST pain sounds are terrible and too artificial. What we need are some really loud and terrifying screams when we get shot, which should last for more than a single second.

Upvote 0