• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Port Config - Yes, I know there's a sticky...but...

Cc2iscooL

May 14, 2009
From what I've noticed the ports are actually configured quite differently in the default config.

Is the default config correct (7757) or should it be 7707 as stated?

Which ports change in that listing? Which ones don't? Which ones are outbound and which are inbound?

Also, I've noticed the webadmin doesn't list the maps for the server (I'm still new to UT server configuration but I've been reading up on it.)

Is there anything I'm missing or should I post relevant parts of my config?

Unfortunately Cc2iscooL, the proper files have not been fully released for the Killing Floor Servers. They are mostly correct, but there are some key files missing(and some out of date, such as the Default.ini that is used to generate the KillingFloor.ini).

This will be corrected in the morning. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately Cc2iscooL, the proper files have not been fully released for the Killing Floor Servers. They are mostly correct, but there are some key files missing(and some out of date, such as the Default.ini that is used to generate the KillingFloor.ini).

This will be corrected in the morning. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

No problem. I was just curious, seeing as I wanted to be sure so that starting up these servers will be as seamless as possible when the time comes.

As far as the server files go...how long before the client release are we looking at for the server release? You guys say in the morning, but unfortunately I'll be working tomorrow. Is there a general ETA for "morning?" :)

Thanks for the replies! I'm sure you're all busy.

Upvote 0
From what I've noticed the ports are actually configured quite differently in the default config.

Is the default config correct (7757) or should it be 7707 as stated?

Which ports change in that listing? Which ones don't? Which ones are outbound and which are inbound?

Also, I've noticed the webadmin doesn't list the maps for the server (I'm still new to UT server configuration but I've been reading up on it.)

Is there anything I'm missing or should I post relevant parts of my config?

Cc2iscool I am glad you found the answer to your question. Sorry I wasnt able to respond to you on the mailing list

Upvote 0
errors while trying to start up server

errors while trying to start up server

Cc2iscool I am glad you found the answer to your question. Sorry I wasnt able to respond to you on the mailing list

yo man i tried installing a dedicated server and it throws up some errors and stuff like

C:\killingfloor\system>ucc server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSec
ure=false?MaxPlayers=6?multihome=70.62.145.124
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lew
is?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecure=false?MaxPlayers=6
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 51309->51308; refs: 654708
Game class is 'KFGameType'
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation failed
Bringing Level KF-BioticsLab.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 5.930000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
KFLRules = KF-BioticsLab.KFLevelRules0
Game length = GL_Normal
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Webserver is not enabled. Set bEnabled to True in Advanced Options.
KFDoorMover KF-BioticsLab.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
y:0214) Multiple triggers found!
KFDoorMover KF-BioticsLab.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
xTeamRoster KF-BioticsLab.xTeamRoster (Function XGame.xTeamRoster.GetRandomPlaye
r:00C8) Accessed array 'PlayerRecords' out of bounds (0/0)
xTeamRoster KF-BioticsLab.xTeamRoster (Function XGame.xTeamRoster.GetRandomPlaye
r:00E2) Accessed array 'PlayerRecords' out of bounds (0/0)
xRosterEntry Package.xRosterEntry (Function XGame.xRosterEntry.PrecacheRosterFor
:004E) Could not load species None for
xRosterEntry Package.xRosterEntry (Function XGame.xRosterEntry.PrecacheRosterFor
HELP PLEASE?

Upvote 0