• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Server browser still not fixed

Widden

Sep 7, 2011
I can't believe this. Weeks and gigabytes of patches and the bloody basic server browser is still not fixed. How the hell can anyone release an online game without a perfectly working game browser? And how can they NOT fix it for weeks?

I'm baffled. Utterly, totally baffled.

If this game loses the whole bloody user base, there's a reason for you...even basic game necessities are borked up. Congrats.

I can't believe this. Weeks and gigabytes of patches and the bloody basic server browser is still not fixed. How the hell can anyone release an online game without a perfectly working game browser? And how can they NOT fix it for weeks?

I'm baffled. Utterly, totally baffled.

If this game loses the whole bloody user base, there's a reason for you...even basic game necessities are borked up. Congrats.

Steam support is that way >>

You and a few others on here ( myself included ) are still waiting for a fix from steam.., well a fix that doesn't include buying a new router, apparently that's what's at fault according to steam...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I normaly have to star RO about 3 or 4 times to get any servers in the list. If I refresh the list it always empties and never comes back regardless of how long I wait. I then have to restart a few more times until it works. It is very frustrating and I feel the OP pain. Blaming routers etc is not the answer. As many have stated before, I

Upvote 0
I normaly have to start RO about 3 or 4 times to get any servers in the list. If I refresh the list it always empties and never comes back regardless of how long I wait. I then have to restart a few more times until it works. It is very frustrating and I feel the OP pain. Blaming routers etc is not the answer. As many have stated before, I like many others on here have many online games including those in Steam and they receive server lists and connect without problems. It is only RO that I and others have this problem with therefore it has to be the game that is at fault.

It needs to be fixed along with many other problems before players leave out of frustration.

Ta

Sal

Upvote 0
Server browser did work before this newest update for me, but now after update it shows only like 20 servers and like 2 servers have people playing, I guess those players have the same issue.

Tho, steam server browser works and shows many full servers etc.

Erm im sure i just read somewhere that this may (or may not) be something to do with version number after the patch? If your still getting servers then i'd try that.

If you guys do delete your ROengine file

In the new one search GameVersion and change it to 1.0.0.7

If you don't do this for some strange reason you want get a full server list in the server browser.

The problem im talking about is the 0 servers bug and connection flooding by steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaseyHairyback
Upvote 0
yeah, this baffled me as well.

this really was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me ro2 is done for now. i was really hyping this patch too, because having played the beta prior -- really made the game shine in its potential. i.e. beautiful graphics are back, better frame rates, no more sound bug, and to top it off -- no more honky stat system with a mind of its own with broken achievements and unlocks.

only to play the said patch, and --insert fail buzzer-- no friggin servers to play on.

i tried the 1.0.0.7 fix. servers from friggin australia and russia are the only ones showing up. with 32 showing, primarily all are vacant, with 1k only people playing.

yikes.

Upvote 0
1.0.0.7 thingy worked here, thanks for the tip. Seems like almost every topic has this tip written now...
It worked for me too I have 430 servers now in the list but not the one I want to see there.

How do I use the steam server browser?
edit:Ok foudn it

I see my server in the steam browser but not in the ingame browser.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another whiney thread -- and about the bug that's easiest to work around! Seriously, just spend 5 seconds looking on the forum and you'll have your solution: Use the Steam-based server browser (right click on your steam icon in the tray, select "Servers" and filter for RO2). And if that doesn't work then simply restart Steam and try again.

Not that big of a deal.

Upvote 0
Another whiney thread -- and about the bug that's easiest to work around! Seriously, just spend 5 seconds looking on the forum and you'll have your solution: Use the Steam-based server browser (right click on your steam icon in the tray, select "Servers" and filter for RO2). And if that doesn't work then simply restart Steam and try again.

Not that big of a deal.

Im sorry.., and you are?

Upvote 0
I to still have the server issue, not had a multiplayer game since buying it, really poor. I have over 100 titles in my steam collection and this is the only one that gives me no servers.

RO2HOS RIP OFF!!!! I sent logs with no answers, tried all the work arounds, tied my bandwidth up with, "this will work download patches", yet the beta worked fine.

Roll on BF3, I am very dissapointed, tripwire were one of my favorites.

Upvote 0