• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seriously, can something be done about ROF and Commissar's?

That's strange ltpato....

However, I've always wondered why there are no 2 types per every map - attack and defence.
F.e. Spartanovka - Axis attack like they do atm, and the same map, but with Soviets attack from the opposite direction. Same for all maps.
This can also remove the stacking of sides, because of the maps - you can't be sure if you'll be attacking or defending on the map you're going to play ;)

Upvote 0
ive played all maps numerous times on both sides and in all roles (cept tank).

and these two maps are no problem unless your idiot. even if the majority of the team is stupid (and frankly team mates idiocy is not something that can be programmed into a map other wise wed just stand in a line and shoot at each other for 15minutes) just half a dozen guys can win a cap.

ive played ROF quite abit recently and frankly ive seen the axis get stream rolled after cap A, maybe A needs to be a little bit easier for the stupids to get into but anything else you might aswell spoon feed the russian players.

and commisars?! i never found it a stacky map even before the "update" again cept for stupid teammates. theres plenty of attack routes in and out of the caps, find the one which isnt defended as well and your in, rather than just running in a straight line from A to C and youll be surprised at the ammount you dont die. and if you have stupid teammates just tell them what to do, you will be listened to except by the really stupid players.

as for axis stacked maps, again its all down to stupid team mates not map imbalances, the game might have a age rating but an IQ rating is probably needed.

only map i say needs work on is fallen fighters, and not because its balanced one way or another but because it just becomes a stalemate of shooting out of windows at each other. thats the map i so often see a draw on, which shows that both sides struggle on it (stupidity is again huge problem on this map)

plus with all the lovely custom maps out there who cares about boring *** stock maps? after playing them for over a year, i find they all play out one or two ways either one sides or the other side wins...

Upvote 0

and these two maps are no problem unless your idiot. even if the majority of the team is stupid (and frankly team mates idiocy is not something that can be programmed into a map other wise wed just stand in a line and shoot at each other for 15minutes) just half a dozen guys can win a cap.

ive played ROF quite abit recently and frankly ive seen the axis get stream rolled after cap A, maybe A needs to be a little bit easier for the stupids to get into but anything else you might aswell spoon feed the russian players...

Well I guess that we're all absolute idiots, then, because apparently "these two maps are no problem unless your idiot." :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yup.

seriously though i have no problem getting into A on ROF, ill still get shot of course, but ill be gettin into the cap. how am i doing that im not even a brilliant player, i just do it, and quite often am alone and having to tell others to get in the cap. if i can do it everyone else should be able to, they cant so that = stupid.

im not saying the map is win able all the time, no maps are, sometimes both teams are really good and you get a good fight, other times one team is useless and the others really good or just competent and yet other times both sides are competent and are equally good/bad and both make mistakes, the latter is what im seeing allot of these days, which doesnt make the maps unbalanced or even the teams, its just how the cookie crumbles on that day.

im sure you all remember the great duck shoots on Grain when the german teams would get cut down just trying to get to the first cap from spawn, then on the next round the same guys would roll all the caps in mere minutes. doesnt mean its unbalanced it just how it sometimes turns out, which is the same for all maps. and in fact id prefer if a map was balanced one way or the other, because when you wint it it makes you feel so much better.

but im sorry if ive upset your winge thread... (im not sorry)

Upvote 0
I play on 2.fjg server and I'm an Axis-only player. To be honest, 70-90% of the time, the Germans lose ROF and Commissar.

That's just not true.

That's strange ltpato....

However, I've always wondered why there are no 2 types per every map - attack and defence.
F.e. Spartanovka - Axis attack like they do atm, and the same map, but with Soviets attack from the opposite direction. Same for all maps.
This can also remove the stacking of sides, because of the maps - you can't be sure if you'll be attacking or defending on the map you're going to play ;)

This already exists - it's called countdown mode but unfortunately no-one plays it. So there is a problem with map balance.

ive played ROF quite abit recently and frankly ive seen the axis get stream rolled after cap A, maybe A needs to be a little bit easier for the stupids to get into but anything else you might aswell spoon feed the russian players.

It doesn't matter what teamwork you have or whatever, ROF is fundamentally flawed. A is a massacre. B is a massacre. C is a massacre. D and E are a crossfire massacre. G & H hardly every come into play. You only mention A as if it's the only problem on the map.

and commisars?! i never found it a stacky map even before the "update" again cept for stupid teammates. theres plenty of attack routes in and out of the caps, find the one which isnt defended as well and your in, rather than just running in a straight line from A to C and youll be surprised at the ammount you dont die. and if you have stupid teammates just tell them what to do, you will be listened to except by the really stupid players.

With the fast respawns, the numerous MGs available, fixed MG positions, random snipers. There is NOTHING that isn't covered by someone unless the Axis are totally incompetent. You are lecturing on how to attack as if Allied players don't know these things - they do - and it's still almost impossible.

Yup.

seriously though i have no problem getting into A on ROF, ill still get shot of course, but ill be gettin into the cap. how am i doing that im not even a brilliant player, i just do it, and quite often am alone and having to tell others to get in the cap. if i can do it everyone else should be able to, they cant so that = stupid.

It's naive to think A is the only problem on ROF.

im not saying the map is win able all the time, no maps are, sometimes both teams are really good and you get a good fight, other times one team is useless and the others really good or just competent and yet other times both sides are competent and are equally good/bad and both make mistakes, the latter is what im seeing allot of these days, which doesnt make the maps unbalanced or even the teams, its just how the cookie crumbles on that day.

Allies hardly ever win ROF. Moreover, they hardly ever even get to the point of trying to even attack the final objective. Fundamental flaw right there.

im sure you all remember the great duck shoots on Grain when the german teams would get cut down just trying to get to the first cap from spawn, then on the next round the same guys would roll all the caps in mere minutes. doesnt mean its unbalanced it just how it sometimes turns out, which is the same for all maps. and in fact id prefer if a map was balanced one way or the other, because when you wint it it makes you feel so much better.

There is no valid comparison to Grain. Grain has numerous flanking routes and the Allies spawn much farther back than on ROF and there are less places to hide with less crossfire potential.

but im sorry if ive upset your winge thread... (im not sorry)

Please add something constructive about how to improve ROF and Commissar's or don't contribute.

Upvote 0
That's just not true.
Please add something constructive about how to improve ROF and Commissar's or don't contribute.

youve just quoted me 6 times, i think ive had something valid to say dont you?

and seriously? on ROF after point A it isnt hard to get to or even cap any other point, yes they arent simulatainious caps but they are easy, and yes D+E being recapable is annoying as sin, but hard to get too? on D use the industrial areas to the left, your straight in, on E use the train carriages or burnt out unit on the right, and your there. H is pretty straight forward from there and I is capable by 3 guys. the map is not hard team mates even listening just a little bit to each other and proper use of arty and tanks (of which there are 2 russian tanks) and the map is handed to you, reinforcements allowing.

i really dont know what the problem is. you have 2 ****ing tanks for ****s sake if they are being used properly the germans cant even get to the caps they are ment to be defending never mind coming under HE+MG fire from them while in the cap.

same for commisars, A is a cluster **** becuase everyone runs to the same 2 doors and windows and gets their faces blown off, once thats capped, B can fall within minutes then you use B to flank into D and D is yours, same of A-C, use the trench quick dash to the next trench ask the tank for help and C falls, E isnt worth mentioning it falls within seconds of D with ease. F is awfull but just run into the industrial section on the right or to the garage in the middle of the cap and f is yours, by then the germans are really on the back foot and shouldnt harras you by trying to recap, then G-H are just candy to pick.

all you need for any and all maps is team work (even the barest miminal ammount can be enough) paitance (dont just run from cap to cap, let the battle flow abit before your next move) tactaical and spacial awareness (look at the map look around you see what you can use to get places, see where your team mates are, see where they need to be and tell them) intelligence (dont just run from the center of a cap to the center of the next cap, thats where the bad guys are and lots of hurt) cowardness (dont be ashamed to hide behind a wall waiting for bob to stop shooting at you/near you) bravery (dont be scared to just run for it) be an arsehole (dont be scared to shout at/tell your team what needs to be done ((but dont insult them no one listens to that guy no matter how good his advice) most importanly have fun (if your team or just the map is really bad for you dont be afraid to just quit out, its a game your ment to have fun, dont take it seriously ((that reduces threads like this one))

some one elses experiance might be different to yours and they are both valid, thats no reason to ignore or throw away what they say. nor does it make one person more correct than a another. maybe it means you need to relook at your own postistion.

and lastly have some ****ing fun. and play other ****ing maps, customs are very fun and rarely unbalanced. i have some maps i dont like i either just deal with it or leave and join another. (i mention custom maps alot because stock maps are dull and create whinge threads like this)

There is no valid comparison to Grain. Grain has numerous flanking routes and the Allies spawn much farther back than on ROF and there are less places to hide with less crossfire potential.

see above as to why i may of chosen to quote that

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and seriously? on ROF after point A it isnt hard to get to or even cap any other point, yes they arent simulatainious caps but they are easy, and yes D+E being recapable is annoying as sin, but hard to get too? on D use the industrial areas to the left, your straight in, on E use the train carriages or burnt out unit on the right, and your there. H is pretty straight forward from there and I is capable by 3 guys. the map is not hard team mates even listening just a little bit to each other and proper use of arty and tanks (of which there are 2 russian tanks) and the map is handed to you, reinforcements allowing.

i really dont know what the problem is. you have 2 ****ing tanks for ****s sake if they are being used properly the germans cant even get to the caps they are ment to be defending never mind coming under HE+MG fire from them while in the cap.

same for commisars, A is a cluster **** becuase everyone runs to the same 2 doors and windows and gets their faces blown off, once thats capped, B can fall within minutes then you use B to flank into D and D is yours, same of A-C, use the trench quick dash to the next trench ask the tank for help and C falls, E isnt worth mentioning it falls within seconds of D with ease. F is awfull but just run into the industrial section on the right or to the garage in the middle of the cap and f is yours, by then the germans are really on the back foot and shouldnt harras you by trying to recap, then G-H are just candy to pick

I'm impressed mate i've never found H or I on red october factory! You are right we must all be stupid.

And i shall have to keep an eye out on commissars F cap for that industrial section ? and garage! I must have my garage graphic setting to low and can't see them.
On commissars i guess you could have meant G but even then the ruins are on the left side.
UNLESS you always play as axis where they would be on the right!:rolleyes:

The way you describe your blitzkrieg of each map in 5 mins makes me think you play with less than 25 players or are having fun with ivan and fritz.

Playing yesterday with 15 a side the maps were balanced on all the stock maps, later on with 30+ a side it was obvious they weren't, so a difficult one to remedy.

Upvote 0
This already exists - it's called countdown mode but unfortunately no-one plays it. So there is a problem with map balance.

Every Tue/Fri night at 9 pm est on the sBc server we have the Bloodbath event.Mainly play CD as well as a few custom only TE maps most nights we have a full server.We split teams up RED/BLUE team in their own Teamspeak channel for best coordination.

If anything we strive for balance teams wise in CD switching positions after the first round fixes all map imbalances.The result is some really intense and fun battles.A perfect break from public play we lock the server to help maintain balance.Anyone interested friend {sBc} Horse or I (or any sBc member)and we will get ya a spot!

All that is required is teamspeak client even if you don't mic so you can here our strats.As well as a little patience as all Maps play different in CD....A refreshing change.

I really don't understand why CD is not more popular like I said it solves all map imbalance problems.Its a mode where death means something and a single person can win a map.Even a 6v1 is not out of the question if you can pull off a string of kills! CD is REALLY intense and rewarding game play.We started a FRI night event because its hard for people outside the US to make it on Tue ;)

This is more than just a shameless plug lol on topic CD is a real fix to these balance problems and I really wished the position switch was an option in TE....Then both sides would face the same challenge!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm impressed mate i've never found H or I on red october factory! You are right we must all be stupid.

I is the signal box, maybe? and H is the final cap, maybe. just change the letter and youll be right.

And i shall have to keep an eye out on commissars F cap for that industrial section ? and garage! I must have my garage graphic setting to low and can't see them.
On commissars i guess you could have meant G but even then the ruins are on the left side.
UNLESS you always play as axis where they would be on the right!:rolleyes:
so shoot me i got the direction wrong, and the garage in the middle of no mans land, car + several walls and a roof= garage. and no i play both sides, which is why im saying the maps arent unbalanced because i have experienced them from all angles

The way you describe your blitzkrieg of each map in 5 mins makes me think you play with less than 25 players or are having fun with ivan and fritz.

nope i always play 64 person servers, with no bots, 2fjg 40-1 and black legion servers and twbs custom server.

Upvote 0