• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Series] The Walking Dead

I really don't see why people have an issue with this show. This show is better than 99% of the crap that is on TV. Better than, Glee, Idol, or any other contest, performance, reality show, much, much better.

I am tired of predictable, over the top unrealistic shows, CSI, NCIS, or any other crime/drama/medical show. The Walking Dead is a great break from the ****ty main stream productions that are out there, which have been degrading TV and their viewers' IQ since they began years ago.

AMC has recently produces some great quality shows, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and now Walking Dead. There haven't been shows as good as those put on by AMC in a long, long time.

Anyway, the show is great and I wish there were more than just 2 episodes left in the season. The ending of episode 4 was intense, and I like the way it just happened out of nowhere. I can now see how the episode slowly built up to it, letting you feel sort of complacent, then bam.

Btw, I don't get why people are hating on Glen (the asian kid). I really don't.

I 100% agree, I just had to complain about the gangstas doing the right thing. I wanted some good old fashion human on human blood fest hahah

Upvote 0
Except for the ending when their camp was raped that was probably the worst episode so far. The whole gangsta thing was a bad joke and everything else is just nonsense. I would've just been happy the chinese guy was gone, hit the latino kid until he gave out the information and then shot him and left the guy whos searching his brother alone and return to camp. The man has a goddamn family, which by the way is as unsympathic as they can get, and he's acting like captain morale here, in a goddamn zombie apocalypse :rolleyes:

And the two blondes were annoying as hell, the one who died was a bit attractive at least but the older one was just annoying and at the end, what sort of crying was that? Never heard such a retarded sounded crying. And yeah of course, after they were attacked by 50 zombies and they fired 93854 rounds they'll just stay right at the camp for some hours to relax instead of quickly making an escape plan with the whole area alerted due to sound.

I was really positive at the beginning of the episode, but the rest just confirmed my overall impression. Maybe I shouldn't always watch boardwalk empire before this, because that's 100 times more professional even if it's something totally different.

Upvote 0
I really don't see why people have an issue with this show. This show is better than 99% of the crap that is on TV. Better than, Glee, Idol, or any other contest, performance, reality show, much, much better.

Being 99% better than other shows which are complete trash does not automatically make The Walking Dead very good. The show is entertaining because its a zombie apocalypse and most of us are interested by default. But when you take a look at the individual parts it's got tons of problems.

The dialogue is cheesy, forced, and overdramatic due to poor writing and merely average actors. The show likes to create "realistic" discussion over simple things then connect them to deep meanings. There's the light switches discussion from the pilot on how men and women are so different that dragged on far too long. Then from the most recent episode the sisters talking about different bait and then connecting it to how caring their father was. People don't talk like they're in a soap opera in real life.

The casting and acting is also weak. Rick is a tool. His relentless pursuit of being a moral hero and constant delivery of corny "inspiring" dialogue is very tiring at this point. If it were real life the other characters would have told him to shut the hell up at this point. Instead he's the badass protector. I'm not buying it. Then there's Shane. I've seen this guy act in the Pacific and The Ghost Writer and he's not bad but for some reason in the Walking Dead almost ever scene he's in is identical: look right, look left, look down, meet eyes with other character then speak in a soft, commanding tone. In fact all the characters in the show besides Daryl (also a poor actor but at least he's interesting), Dale, and Glen are forgettable.

Then there's the blatant racial/social commentary. We have the stereoytypical racist Merle, the black guy T-Dog, and now an urban street gang who....takes care of old people. It's so unrealistic that it's a complete joke. For a show that takes itself so seriously it doesn't make any sense.

Then there's the plethora of inconsistencies/plot holes/unrealistic scenarios. In episode four the whole camp makes fun of Dale for keeping time and how useless that is when only moments ago Andrea is trying to wrap a gift for her sister's birthday. Their van is stolen in the city and instead of stealing another car out of the tons of them around they run at blinding speed back to camp. The city swarms with zombies anytime the characters go into the city yet the Vatos "gang" has no problem with them. Merle can't cut through the metal in the handcuff or the pipe yet can make a clean cut on his bone. The Vatos "gang" beats up Daryl, kidnaps Glen, threatens to cut Glen up and feed him to dogs, tries to steal the guns, and almost shoots everyone yet no one thinks anything of it when they explain they're simply trying to take care of old people. They explain how dangerous it is to get zombie guts on your skin then take no precautions numerous times: spreading zombie guts on themselves and Andrea touches the guts to put the gun in Glen's belt, or when Rick puts an axe in a zombie's head in the pilot and gets blood all over his shirt. Speaking of precautions, conveniently the only time zombies attack is when everyone in camp is at the fire talking with no one on guard. The list goes on and on.

The show has zombies, good makeup and effects, good sets, a few interesting characters, and occasionaly some compelling scenes but to rave about it the way people are and somehow ignore all the glaring faults is really quite absurd to me.

Upvote 0
I dunno, I like the series. Not great, but pretty good. IMO it could use a little bit more humour. Best looking zombies ever, that's for sure.

How is that neccessary? Everyone discussing has already seen the newest episodes, that's why this thread always dies down until the next monday.

Not everyone who is reading this thread has seen all the episodes. So spoiler tags are a good idea.

@Kaner what's wrong with racial / social commentary?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Being ... me.

I'll spoil it for alittle bit, but this is from the comics mostly.. Rick will suffer for the way he acts. Also, the comics were completely unrealistic and were still extremely fun. They will meet many many other gangs, groups and sociaties later on.. some are less realistic then others.

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
I'll spoil it for alittle bit, but this is from the comics mostly.. Rick will suffer for the way he acts. Also, the comics were completely unrealistic and were still extremely fun. They will meet many many other gangs, groups and sociaties later on.. some are less realistic then others.

As I've said numerous times, I've read a large part of the comics. I know what happens to Rick. The difference was he was believable as a leader in the comics. And it doesn't make sense for a show to portray itself very seriously but have unrealistic, "fun" scenarios.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that, to get his revenge, Merle brought those zombies to the camp in the back of his cube van and that's why they got attacked by so many at one time.

Anyone else think that it's kind of a coincidence that the same day the pissed off guy steals a cube van a horde of zombies show up at his old camp that has never had more than one zombie stumble across it? I'm a bit suspicious...

Anyone concur? My roommate hasn't watched this ep yet and he's the one I normally consult my theories with

Upvote 0
Anyone else think that it's kind of a coincidence that the same day the pissed off guy steals a cube van a horde of zombies show up at his old camp that has never had more than one zombie stumble across it? I'm a bit suspicious...

Anyone concur? My roommate hasn't watched this ep yet and he's the one I normally consult my theories with

It's very possible. For those who haven't read the comic this might be a spoiler but it's a very interesting theory about him I saw on Reddit:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0

Just finished watching it. This was the exact same thing I thought.

Upvote 0