• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Series] The Walking Dead

Same here. The feel of the first episode wasnt there. It felt kinda cheesy. When they spread blood and guts all over themselves my face did one of these - :rolleyes:

eh, I'm still gonna watch the rest of them..

Overall a good second episode. I liked Rick as a character a little more. They did a good job with Glen. I didn't like the speech before Rick took an axe to the "dead" zombie. More of that melodramatic crap I was talking about. "I'm gonna tell my family about Craig if I see them again". Wtf? Like they care about a random zombie's past life at this point in their survival.

It's also awesome how they can get away with so much gore just because they're labeled as zombies not humans.

Upvote 0
Don't worry, Rick loses his melodramatic side pretty quick as he sees more and more screwed up stuff. My friends thought the second epsiode wasn't as good as the first (it wasn't), but really I think they had the wrong impression; it's not really an action show, or a plot-driven adventure. It's all about the character development and day-to-day life during a zombie outbreak.

I maintain that shamblers just aren't that scary compared to fast zeds, I can't imagine them even being dangerous enough to cause an outbreak unless their condition is caused by a contagious disease that is either airborne or has a very long incubation period before you get zombie syndrome. All it takes is one surprising fast zombie to get you, shamblers would have to severely outnumber you to take you down even if you were unarmed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but really I think they had the wrong impression; it's not really an action show, or a plot-driven adventure. It's all about the character development and day-to-day life during a zombie outbreak.

For me so far it's more the scenarios they get into that's the most interesting part. I really don't care about the characters all that much like I do Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, or even Eastbound and Down. It is only the second episode but by the end of Breaking Bad's first episode I was like wow wtf did this guy just do to his life, I need to see more.

Upvote 0
Major Liability said:
Don't worry, Rick loses his melodramatic side pretty quick

Yeah.. I bet when he finds out his deputy partner has been doing barrell-rolls in his wife's cha-cha he's gonna bitter up real fast :D

I like the fact it isnt a zombie-blaster type show. I enjoy the character development and really liked the mom-zombie/dad not being able to kill her scene. This episode didnt do anything as far as character development or even interesting universal human touchpoints in the scenes. Notice the cliche diversity of the department store crew. A fat hispanic guy, a big black dude, a redneck hick, a small intelligent asian guy, a crazy white b!tch.. it was so cheesy.

I'm trying not to bash it too hard.. I'll be watching the rest of it. This episode just didnt have the same magic as the first is all.

Oh, and if it's me running toward the construction company parking lot being chased by 70+ zombies.. I'm chucking that nade over my shoulder :D

Upvote 0
I don't like how this show is set in some kind of alternate reality where no one has ever made a zombie movie and word "zombie" doesn't even exist.

Other than that its pretty nice show, unique setting for a tv series.

What? It's not like anyone in the show has ever seen Night of the living Dead. What would you call the zombies if you've never heard of the word?
I'd probably call them "Walkers" as well.

Upvote 0
What? It's not like anyone in the show has ever seen Night of the living Dead. What would you call the zombies if you've never heard of the word?
I'd probably call them "Walkers" as well.

You didn't seem to get my point or I don't get yours. But what I'm saying is that if the show was set in our reality, everyone would call zombies "zombies" and not "walkers".

Upvote 0
You didn't seem to get my point or I don't get yours. But what I'm saying is that if the show was set in our reality, everyone would call zombies "zombies" and not "walkers".

But then, if it was in our reality, they wouldn't exist... I actually find it easier to believe that noone of the characters has seen a zombie move than the actual zombies that appear.

Upvote 0