• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SDK won't start

Same problem here. However I have a very low-end GPU and think that is the cause of the problem. I have to run the game with the -dx10 command, since my GPU does not support DX11. Maybe the SDK only runs in DX11 and thus won't start.

Please post, if you have a DX11 compatible GPU, so I know that this might not be the problem at my end.

I seem to remember the SDK starting by default in dx9 mode (I know this because I had to switch it to dx11 mode). So I wouldn't think that's the issue. Don't go by me though, im a noob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My GPU isn't high end, but it's pretty good, and runs the game itself on high, so DX couldn't be the problem. And I asked my brother to try it, and he got the same problem as me, at the same point in the loading, and he has a high end card.

EDIT: I got a tip on the Steam forums. You just have to wait basically. It takes a lot of time to load. They said even 10-15 minutes. It was around 5 minutes for me, so... Just wait. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats it, the editor takes a long time to load (about 15-20 for me). Once loaded it starts faster next time. Also, i got this message at start:

2zs8iux.jpg

(running on amd/radeon, win 7 64-bit system)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As that pop-out window says, add -NoGADWarning in Killing Floor 2-SDK Set Launch Options... to supress that message at the start.

I had to add -NoGADWarning and -dx10 to the launch options.... ...and wait almost an eternity (around 10 mins) for the start. It works now. And it starts up much faster the second time.

Upvote 0