• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

semi3.jpg

semi2.jpg

semi.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah i like OFP's atmosphere a hundred times better then ArmA.
Also i feel that ArmA lacks 'power', in how people die, and how things blow up: its all to gentle.
Soldiers who get shot up with even heavy weapons take their time to fall down, as if they are deciding to go to sleep, and there is hardly any impact or force to be seen.
Also the explosions feel very weird, i cant put my finger on it but something's wrong about them, in how things blow up. It's all to silent, to clean.

ArmA can't beat OFP in any way IMHO.

Upvote 0
ofslavadeadnh3.jpg

I love how in OFP unscripted events can result in different missions or storylines later on.
This screenshot for example: after you've done a couple of missions with resistance, you have to get to their HQ. However, on the way you are discovered by the soviets. I've had 2 different things happen to me there: one time my entire squad got killed, and David got kinda depressed saying: 'Damn, i lost my whole squad again...why?'.
Another time, one soldier survived, wich resulted in the screenshot above: He became David's best friend. Later on, when you came back to Everon to meet up with the resistance to ask for their co-operation to retake Everon, David asks for Slava, and he gets to hear he died in a soviet assault on the HQ a couple of days before David's arrival.

And these kind of things happen quite alot, after youve played through the campaign a couple of times (i'm on my 4th playthrough)

rngau3.jpg

Me trying out some run and gunning in OFP hehe. Needless to say you hit absolutely nothing, unlike RO...

Upvote 0
Another time, one soldier survived, wich resulted in the screenshot above: He became David's best friend. Later on, when you came back to Everon to meet up with the resistance to ask for their co-operation to retake Everon, David asks for Slava, and he gets to hear he died in a soviet assault on the HQ a couple of days before David's arrival.
I thought Slava was the leader of the resistance you had to meet!?

Still, I know what you mean. What's also great is, that sometimes if you mess up a mission it doesn't simply end in a game-over screen, but your forces actually retreat and you have to go with them and only after a successfull retreat you are told that the mission was a failure.
In "resistance" its even better in my opinion because failures in one mission affect later missions. For example if you blow up the ammo trucks you want to steal, you don't have the equipment in the next mission and you have to do it with what you have.

Things like that are just awesome, because it doesn't feel like you are playing seperate mission after seperate mission with a story connecting them at best, but you feel like you are fighting in a dynamic war.

Upvote 0
What game was that again and has it already been released publicly? I remember you talking about crappy horsies in it.

It's called "Two Worlds" and is out in Europe. Don't know about US, or even if it is ever going to ship there. With the latest patches, it is quite nice.

But some of the models, especially of the fauna, and most enemy animations of creatures which are not suitable for motion capturing suck badly. Still, I like it overall

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah i like OFP's atmosphere a hundred times better then ArmA.
Also i feel that ArmA lacks 'power', in how people die, and how things blow up: its all to gentle.
Soldiers who get shot up with even heavy weapons take their time to fall down, as if they are deciding to go to sleep, and there is hardly any impact or force to be seen.
Also the explosions feel very weird, i cant put my finger on it but something's wrong about them, in how things blow up. It's all to silent, to clean.

ArmA can't beat OFP in any way IMHO.
I know exactly what you mean. Operation Flashpoint's combat has a very brutal feeling about it even by today's standards, and somehow ArmA just doesn't measure up.

There's nothing like following a comrade into battle only to see him take a round and drop like a sack of potatoes, just like that...

Upvote 0
I thought Slava was the leader of the resistance you had to meet!?

Still, I know what you mean. What's also great is, that sometimes if you mess up a mission it doesn't simply end in a game-over screen, but your forces actually retreat and you have to go with them and only after a successfull retreat you are told that the mission was a failure.
In "resistance" its even better in my opinion because failures in one mission affect later missions. For example if you blow up the ammo trucks you want to steal, you don't have the equipment in the next mission and you have to do it with what you have.

Things like that are just awesome, because it doesn't feel like you are playing seperate mission after seperate mission with a story connecting them at best, but you feel like you are fighting in a dynamic war.

Nope, Slava is the 'sergeant' of the squad that rescues you from the soviets, so in that way he is a leader. However, in the mission i talked about he is taking you to his high command, with the real commander.
He's like the militia version of Berghoff.

Upvote 0