• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Spoiler!

"excuse me but wtf are u doing?"

Upvote 0
Pics from my latest battle in Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Knocked out Tiger callsing Viper-22
Viper-22knockedout.jpg

Viper-22 from an other angle
Viper-22fromanontherangle.jpg

22's loader
Viper-22burningcrew.jpg

Destroyed Universal carrier
AknockedoutUnviversal.jpg

Forgotten soldat
Theforgottensoldat.jpg

Just an other day at work
jpg.jpg

And the last day for them ˇ
Graveofsix.jpg

Meanwhile, on the right flank:

SS Das Reich marches on
SSDasReichmarcheson.jpg

SSDasReichmarchesonII.jpg

The Tiger from the right flank - Viper 23 breaks into the soviet positions

Gunposition.jpg

Gunposition2.jpg

Meanwhile, on the far right flank an unexpected counterattack by 2 M3 Sutarts takes place. The only avaiable vehicle to counter them is the Company commander's Halftrack equipped with a 37mm Pak 36

And suprise, suprise!
HQHanomag.jpg

SpartanHQHanomag.jpg

These five guys are getting an Iron cross thats for sure.

And after the battle:

Afteraction1.jpg

Viper 23 on Taranovka's main road

Taranovkasmainroad.jpg

And a casualty I didn't know about. Well, the vehicle wasn't under my command anyway.

unexpectedcasualty.jpg

the Stug's only survivor.

Stugsonlysurvivor.jpg

Sunset over the wartorn village.
Afterthebattle.jpg

the statistics:
Score.jpg

I'm using a mod that changes the soldier's models and textures. ( only the winter ones , but summer uniforms are coming too)

You can follow them mod's progress here (its in russian but you can use google translate and theres a gamefront link for download in the first post)
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=66275

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Very nice avtomat, I tried getting into the game, I tried the demo a while back, but the AI kept kicking my *** no matter what.

And is DayZ a pretty good mod, is it worth getting? I think I have ArmaII somewhere.

APOS is truly a game where the AI never ceases to amaze me. They are agressive and seem to make good tactical decisions for the most part.
(for example that stuart counterattack on the right flank in my pics. the only reason why that halftrack survived was luck. Of corse the stuarts wouldn't have had a chance to defeat my tigers but if I had Panzer 4s they could have destroyed them by flank and rear shots)

And DayZ is just glorious. If you have Arma 2 combined operations or arma 2 and operation arrowhead you should definetly try the mod out.

Upvote 0
God damn it Avtomat. I bought the APOS & DLC bundle a couple of days ago when it was on sale but can't play it 'til I get back home from uni. Your screens aren't doing much to help me come to terms with the situation. :p
I really hope to get into the game during the summer, if I have the time, as it seems like one of the most promising WWII tactical sims I've seen in the latest time, even if I do prefer their tank simulator, SF: Kharkov '42. Anyone heard any rumours on when they might be releasing the sequel to it perchance? :)

Upvote 0
:D
Well I don't know if they will release an other WW2 tank sim in the close future, probably not since now they are mainly focusing on more DLC/patches for APOS. But they released Steel armor: Blaze of war earlier this year.
This is a simulator dealing with the M60A1 and the T62 obr. 1972 tanks.
Great sim and it lets you controll not only your tank, but puts you in charge of the entire battle, much like APOS but you don't have the god's eye view. (controlling units like that can get frustrating belive me.)

Heres some gunnery from the M60

mtc80_m60_gunfire.wmv - YouTube

(the player is using the M60's secondary sights for some reason)
Theres a lot of videos about the game on Graviteam's youtube channel.

Upvote 0
Great shots Avto :)

The AI seems even better in the latest patch, more cunning and tactical, and using more flanking manouvers.

I tried getting into SABOW but found it a bit too clunky - maybe it need some more patches and mods like SF has, so it just needs time I guess.

I would much prefer them to make a RTS like APOS in the setting of the battles in SABOW; Iran-Iraq, Afghanistan and Angola, that would be amazing.

BTW, there's a setting to let you control "allied" units that normally would be computer-controlled, can't remember excactly the name but it's recommended to turn on. Also, I recommend turning off night battles, it lets both you and the AI gather strength during night turns and seems more realistic than constant night encounters.

@Kapula glad to hear you got the game, hope you enjoy :)

Upvote 0