• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

5B68E8324524B1703BC8145A87E0F3B6F2A9C904

Problem, riddler?
faceg.gif

Upvote 0
Give it a damn rest already. The amount of blind fanatical comments about how this game or any other multiplatform game is a "poor console port" (or whatever your phrase of the month is for it) from people who probably haven't even PLAYED the game let alone own it is simply astounding.

You people need to stop jumping onto bandwagons simply because you can.

Crysis 2's textures are half the size of the original crysis, even the textures carried over from the first have been compressed to half the size. This is the last game that I thought would need a third party HD texture pack.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to defend games from legitimate criticism, or maybe I don't realize I'm a blind fanatic lol.

Upvote 0
The whole point of this new engine is compatibility between platforms so products can just be made and made suitable for specific platforms with minor adjustments (exaggeration to make a point: By changing "Press Start" to "Press Enter" on the screen before the menu).
People who expect it to be a huge advance from Crysis 1 or the new big hardware benchmark they can test their computers and tweaking skills on will of course be disappointed because that's not what it is. It's an exercise in compatibility. This also means compatibility with a wider range of PCs, btw. that doesn't require a lot of tweaking. The idea is that it should work on close to anything (within reason, of course) out-of-the-box and still look gorgeous. Seems like it does. Mission accomplished.:p

About the low-res physics objects: Doesn't anyone remember the days when Half-Life 2 was the big thing? The game looked gorgeous and crisp, but some physics objects were very low-res too. If that infamous guard hadn't told me to "Pick up that can!" I probably still wouldn't know it even was a can...
No one screamed console port back then though, obviously.

But since Crysis 2 is out on consoles too everyone is looking for things and these days anything is good enough to get in a fit of console-port-rage, I guess.
One could say that people's grasping at straws and having to point out ridiculous "evidence" like the low-res textures on some physics objects, checkpoint saves or "corridor levels" is a testament to the engine and the game.;)

Anyway, to clarify, if by "console port" you mean "made to work on consoles too at the expense of pushing the PC platform as such to its limits" you are of course correct.:)

medieval2exe008-19-46.jpg

Ballista spammage.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can I take screenshots of Age of Empires 1? ATI Tray Tools and Fraps don't work (because it's not hardware accelerated?) and the Windows Print Screen option just gives me almost black images.:confused:

Could try running it through Steam, and take a screenshot there. Then just Print Screen after it's uploaded to your profile.

Upvote 0