• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

If you guys are playing EiB and RTH30 you should try the "More Realism" mod, it replaces a few files and changes weapon characterics in such way you can actually hit someone.

Also the ragdolls are improved by a more bonechillingly realistic replacement almost to RO level.
I don't like the slow high-flying ragdolls in vBiA.
It simply is too fake and therefore looks stupid and makes the game more cartoony instead of dramatic.

Upvote 0
I don't like the slow high-flying ragdolls in vBiA.
Haha. Yeah. Those always looked out of place.:D
To its excuse it should be noted that rag-doll back in the days looked comical in almost every game, which is why I prefered death-animations and never got what was supposed to be so great about rag-dolls. The first game I played where rag-dolls looked on par or better than well done death-animations was RO:Ost.

Upvote 0
Screenshots from yesterday's co-op session with SiC.

Mission: search & rescue RACS soldiers who are captivated in a nearby village, and RTB. No respawns.

We decide to travel by Humvee for the first 300 meters. SiC kills a sniper using its MG.
arma2008-01-0721-04-50-82_sickillsn.jpg

Approaching the village where the RACS soldiers are being held. We kill a patrol and a dozen more enemies, carefully watching our backs.
arma2008-01-0721-34-01-60_advanceto.jpg

Village secured... unfortunately we failed to rescue the friendlies; an SLA officer killed them before we could get to them.
arma2008-01-0721-54-20-18_clearingt.jpg

It's ~ 30 minutes into the mission, and it's getting rather dark. Thank god for the night vision goggles which I looted from a Soviet corps earlier on (SiC received nvg's from the start, I didn't) :) I doubt I would've survived for long without them.
arma2008-01-0721-58-27-07_gettingda.jpg

We move on, time to return to base (about a 3 km walk). There was a large concentration of enemies to the South, so we "proceeded on food" SE, cutting through the town of Obregan.
arma2008-01-0722-04-42-96_binocs.jpg

=)
arma2008-01-0722-13-18-96_salut.jpg

We reach Obregan, and we spot a dozen enemies mining the entire town. We proceed carefully.
arma2008-01-0722-32-06-95_reachobre.jpg

In Obregan my luck started to wear out, I ran out of ammo and I got wounded in a firefight... but we cleared the entire town, disabled a few mines, and went on to return to base.
arma2008-01-0722-51-24-26_clearobre.jpg

We then bumped into a bridge, which we couldn't cross due to barbed wire (not even a satchel could blow it away :p ). So we crossed the ravine, but a sniper killed me. Luckily, SiC managed to make it back to the base on his own and finish the mission. :)

Total mission time: 1hr, 48m.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Though RO's ragdoll is 'true' ragdoll and is fantastically done, I find COD4's combination of scripted and true ragdoll really awesome too!!

BF's & DODS are just laughable! :rolleyes:
For fun with hilariously over-the-top rag-dolls I recommend the game "Hitman 2". Just get a shotgun from somewhere and start rocking. It's actually close in fun to throwing around people with the blue grav-gun at the end of HL2. :D

Upvote 0
I might start playing ArmA again, the multiplayer does look amazing. I was vehemently against anything ArmA a few months back, but I'm liking it more and more.

Aye, it gets better and better the more you play it. With the right people on voicecomms, it's really enjoyable and atmospheric. It's a lot of fun because our squad movement is getting better and better, and it's reassuring to know that the other guy is covering you... 360 degree vision. Join us for co-op (there's an Arma group on these forums btw), it'll be fun ;)

Looked like alot of fun, Nimsky. What mods do most server use? I tried some coop MP a wile ago but I never got into it. I'm going to do a fresh reinstall of the game since I've got too many mods on right now.

I think most mods just use Evolution. Haven't tried a XAM server yet.

What's funny is that I was hosting the game when SiC and me were playing. I just created an internet game and it went smoothly for the both of us... and my upload isn't even that great. 1.09 beta definitely improved the netcode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Posted this in the Armed Assault thread as well, but i think it deserves a bit more attention then that as well since i put a lot of effort into it and i figure only ArmA players check that thread and perhaps even then not that often, so to get a few more views i decided to post it here as well :)

I just made a new ArmA movie, this time not just some simple video with no editing, but i gave it a go at a normal movie-like thing :D
Now, i am by far no experienced moviemaker or scriptwriter for ArmA so this might seem pretty stupid to you, or very simple, but hey, its my first movie and i enjoy it, so why cant you? :p

This is footage from the mission i am making called Town Patrol, played under the awesomeness that is the XAM 1.4 mod (notice the bulletsounds and other stuff like the awesome uniforms).
It uses both one of their islands, as well as their desert camo vehicles.
Songs are Master of war by Pearl Jam, and Soldier Side by System of a down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVRconwZ5M8 and there you go ladies and gentlemen :p have a look and tell me what you think :)

Upvote 0