• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian Propaganda

Bolt said:
Well, I agree and disagree at the same time. First of all, not Russia, but Soviet Union. Yes, it was big, and that's one of the reasons why Germans did not win the war.
imo. germans would have succeeded taking moscow (or at least able to totally siege it) IF Hitler would have stayd out of the military commading. He gave order to broke out the blitz towards moscow which delayed the attack and then winter turned the tides.

I don't say that germans would have won the war by taking the moscow but at least it could been shockwave to soviet union.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moscow was a capital and had a lot more influence on people's minds that Stalingrad had. So i'm pretty sure everyone would do as much as possible so that even earth would burn under feets of germans. Besides, if there were any street-fighting in Moscow, high command would send tanks and fresh divisions directly there, and only after that - anywhere else.
2 KrazyKraut
It was a "great purge", because, as you said, almost every high command officer suffered. And 8000 is stil a huge number and basically its a real shame that this happened - Red Army desperately needed not the good generals, but basic officers.
but if we take all the officers, the percent of opressed would go down.
Now about the year of 44. No, i wasn't talking about how many men they have lost, i was talking about Staufenberg's attemp to murder Hitler. If such thing had happened to Stalin in 41 and Stalin had died, the germans surely would win.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
Moscow was a capital and had a lot more influence on people's minds that Stalingrad had. So i'm pretty sure everyone would do as much as possible so that even earth would burn under feets of germans. Besides, if there were any street-fighting in Moscow, high command would send tanks and fresh divisions directly there, and only after that - anywhere else.
2 KrazyKraut
It was a "great purge", because, as you said, almost every high command officer suffered. And 8000 is stil a huge number and basically its a real shame that this happened - Red Army desperately needed not the good generals, but basic officers.
but if we take all the officers, the percent of opressed would go down.
Now about the year of 44. No, i wasn't talking about how many men they have lost, i was talking about Staufenberg's attemp to murder Hitler. If such thing had happened to Stalin in 41 and Stalin had died, the germans surely would win.

Still, at that time their morale was low, like in first winter of leningrad siege.

Upvote 0