• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Run/Sprint System

Maybe makes little sense, but its the primary use for the knife.
You decide to trade in your offensive capability (well, for me it increases it:p, but for most ppl it decreases), then you ought to be rewarded for that by more speed. And much more things make "little sense".
For example: The LAW is so bulky, you shouldn't be able to carry anything beside that. Whilst that would certainly make more sense, it would render the LAW nearly useless, since you have no other means to defend yourself except the knife, which very few people actually can use the right way.
So no, Don't remove the knife speed bonus.
I'd rather even see it increased a tiny bit.
Oh, and running faster with a Knife does make more sense. Test it out like this: Take a weight of 5kg bar of steel in your hand a weight of 1kg steel bar on your belt. Now run. Repeat the same, but put the 5kg on your back with a strap, and the 1kg weight in your hand. Guess when you can move/run faster and easier.
When you sprint, and can't shoot while sprinting, you lose your offensive capability even more.

Yes you're right that you run faster with 110lbs on your back instead of in your hands since you can't balance as well, but it's not as big the difference the knife gives i think.

I don't care either way though, really. It's not going to break the game if they choose to do it one way than the other.. It's just your getting places and retreat mechanism. I do favor sprint since you have those short bursts, while knife is something slower for as long as you keep it out, no long term draw back.

I also didnt' like that I couldn't throw away my knife or pistol.

Upvote 0
.... I also didnt' like that I couldn't throw away my knife or pistol.

Throw away your last means of defense when outta ammo for your main guns? And you can't implent it in the way of: oh when you have an axe/pipe u can drop ur knife, but can't drop those. Atleast thats my guess.
I do agree it takes away from the realism, but some tradeoffs gotta be made to stop the newbs from: "zomgwtf where did my gun and knief go like??"

Upvote 0
The problem -again- is realism. Solid (kitchen) knifes are not that hard to find in London and only a very stupid person would fancy engaging something with his fists (blunt objects which do very little damage) to engaging them with a knife (strong stabbing-puncturing/slashing weapon).
Also, knife as a separate weapon spawn is a no-no, unless its boosted it in either damage, running speed bonus or attack speed making it viable as a main weapon even to average knivers.

Upvote 0