• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RSTE - Sugar Loaf "WIP

I need help if anyone can lend a hand.

I need to know what kind of volume will block a grenade, if there even is one. It doesn't seem like BlockAll in a blocking volume does anything against them.

So if I throw a grenade and it hits the volume you want it to bounce off?

Or you want to block the blast damage?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, I learned something new here myself...

A blocking volume wont block thrown grenades, but a BSP brush (or static Mesh) will.

So I added a BSP wall and then created a "clear" material. (Note the Blend Mode)

material_Clear.jpg

Build the BSP wall with the new material

Set Collision as needed

If you want, convert to a Static Mesh.

I tested it and thrown Grenades will bounce off

Upvote 0
OK, I learned something new here myself...

A blocking volume wont block thrown grenades, but a BSP brush (or static Mesh) will.

So I added a BSP wall and then created a "clear" material. (Note the Blend Mode)

material_Clear.jpg

Build the BSP wall with the new material

Set Collision as needed

If you want, convert to a Static Mesh.

I tested it and thrown Grenades will bounce off

Cheers nymets, my hero! I'll give it a spin.

Edit: Why do you think they didn't include grenades in the picture?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, I'm going with the staticmesh version, and I'll add the Transparency after; I want to make sure you can't see through.
Note: HBO Pacific in the BG.

U0Hsyeb.png
Seems like a simple mesh like this could just be created via BSP.
And no I did not just go online at 3am to comment on this.
I just got on my computer to use the SDK, after attempting to sleep, the SDK transforms me into to an insomniac...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Guys I'm running into another problem.

At the moment if someone tries to run a game with 64 bots it crashes about 20 seconds after setting foot in the map. 16 bots and 32 bots work fine. This must be something to do with setting up the roles, right?

I removed incorrect Allie roles from the axis side.I also double checked to make sure there were a maximum of 32 roles for both Axis and Allies.

Is there a fireteam limit on squads, there must be something I missed?

Upvote 0
A maximum of 32 roles per side? Roles should always exceed that. That's probably the issue. One or both of the sides probably has 31 roles. So as the bots all spawn in individually they gradually take all the roles. Then the last bot has no role to take and it crashes. It takes about 20 or so seconds for all the bots to spawn in. In fact many of them don't make the initial spawn wave and spawn in on the first spawn. So it's likely to be the issue.

On all official maps the roles exceed the maximum amount of players.

Upvote 0
Version 3 is out!

Seems like a simple mesh like this could just be created via BSP.
And no I did not just go online at 3am to comment on this.
I just got on my computer to use the SDK, after attempting to sleep, the SDK transforms me into to an insomniac...

Hey Beskar Mando, is there a way you can quickly form a BSP around a staticmesh instead of using the geometry mode? And is there a way to have volume faces showing all the time like my screenshot below, without having to be in Geometry mode. Just so I know how far out the faces are.

DXlvDu7.png

A maximum of 32 roles per side? Roles should always exceed that. That's probably the issue. One or both of the sides probably has 31 roles. So as the bots all spawn in individually they gradually take all the roles. Then the last bot has no role to take and it crashes. It takes about 20 or so seconds for all the bots to spawn in. In fact many of them

Thanks Lemonater47, I had to add 6 roles to each team on top of the 64 roles I originally had, 76 in total, any less and it would crash.

Upvote 0