• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-AlligatorCreekBeta

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Beta version released:)
This map of the 5 objective, map time 24min.

Historical data
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Tenaru

Workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=342539282&searchtext=
v5 Download here
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_4EV9zX5I9RUG04cHRCMFJVVjg&export=download

plz enjoy it:)

V5 change log

: Map time 24min
: Customized E objective
: changed the grass to normal scale
: strengthening of the bot
: delete trap, because I found a trap bug, does not work range of the specified...

Last beta version, If there is no problem...

Last edited:
Please name map .roe file with -B1 instead of Beta. Or something similar, but clearly unique.

Map names are critical for server keepers for redirecting map files.

Mess with Subbase map files was not fun. We had to rename map on our server and force all clients to download that again.

Upvote 0
The map is fine. Yu are the champion; because you make them in the first place. You have more support here than you know. Follow your creative instincts, and you will be rewarded.

Just when you are ready to tie a brick to your computer and drop it off a pier...G_Sajer is there to talk you off the ledge.:D

Keep up the good work crazy monkey!

Upvote 0
Great stuff Crazy Monkey.

Played it twice today. First with only 24 players and I was defending. So scary. Loved it.

Second time was with 64 players and I was attacking. Wow. Big difference. Suggest making the middle caps so they can not be retaken after they have been won. Maybe extend the cap time for them to compensate the defending team.

Though this is first opinion and I have been so bloody critical of people giving feedback about maps after only a few plays.

But I think you are onto something very nice here. The immersion is terrific. The jungle seems so dense with the lighting. And ITS NOT TOO DARK.

Perhaps a tweak on the time increasing it a few minutes might be considered.

Great stuff !

Also, are those flares triggered by movement or just random ?

Upvote 0
I have planted the area trigger in the river.
Launch automatically when the player enters the river.:)

I thought that might be the case. Excellent work.

I have to adjust the balance now.
attack side too hard:(

Try setting the B and C caps so they cant be re capped. That's maybe all you need to do to swing the balance.

I think there might have been a problem with Squad Leaders not showing up on the map though I cant confirm. Will check again the next time I play or perhaps someone else can confirm if there is a problem with the SLs.

Upvote 0
I thought that might be the case. Excellent work.

Try setting the B and C caps so they cant be re capped. That's maybe all you need to do to swing the balance.

I think there might have been a problem with Squad Leaders not showing up on the map though I cant confirm. Will check again the next time I play or perhaps someone else can confirm if there is a problem with the SLs.

thank you for report and feedback:)
update and fix tomorrow, i try found SL's bug and fix:eek:

edit
I had forgotten the classic mode role setting...
If it is a cause, I'm sorry:( fix it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
updated:)

-change log

:brightness of the changing map
it's dark when the map was started, but it becomes brighter towards the morning.

:change axis spawn time
15sec→18sec

:add map time
16min→20min

:adjustment arty count

:add some cover in the river

:change the texture of the overhead map

:reduction of the cap area of the C and D

:add lockdown D
working 5min, axis is not no chance even if ABC is cap fast.

:change lockdown time of B and C
3min→5min

:change cap minimum time of B and C
20sec→30sec

:moved away a little the axis spawn point of the B and C

-known bug
Because the river has a little covers, probably SL spawn of the allied does not act of B and C route...

Last edited:
Upvote 0