• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
The Real Soviet Panzerfaust- it is essentually a shaped charge grenade. It can penetrate 70mm-75mm of armor which is pretty good since its thrown it would usually land on the top armor of the tank which is pretty thin the later Tiger I had 40mm of top armor which is alot for a tank.:)

I thought about this I do have a WIP (side project) model of it but this particular weapon has a foldout parashoot like part so that it will land on its head for maxium effectiveness, I havent worked out how to implement this realistically.

What I have atm:

for more info look here: http://www.inert-ord.net/russ02i/rpg43/index.html

Upvote 0
Nice job CC,
that verison if im not mistaken is not a shaped charge its more like a big greande or a satchel charge. Anyway great model and skin!:)

yep, only a massive bag of explosive.
Our scenarios are pretty early war, the effort that would come with coding, modeling and animating the RPG43 wasnt justified so far. (read: we lack personelle ;) ).

Upvote 0
How does it stick on the target? Magnets? Or do you just have to hold it in place until it explodes?

I can't think of any AT weapon that would be popular if you had to hold it in place until it exploded. :) The rpg 43 is thrown and explodes on impact. The attached drogue parachute deploys in mid-air and slows the descent of the charge while simultaneously pointing it downward. If all goes well, the warhead will strike the usually thin, flat top armor of the target vehicle, as already mentioned. I'm wondering now if we're thinking of the same weapon.

Upvote 0
I think it would be *excellent* to have, on some maps, Molotov cocktails available for the AT guys. Toss 'em just like grenades, put some fire on that tank. Damage? Maybe not damage to the tank, but anybody who unbuttons is killed instantly! But, since they're not real napalm the burn time might be limited? I don't know if this sort of thing can even be implemented- I lay NO claim to being a modder or coder! (But it WOULD be cool!)

Upvote 0
lol, guys the Russians may have been crude in ww2, but I think the Idea was to throw it on top of the engine deck in an attempt to disable to engine and pray to God that it does not roll off before it blew, or perhaps try to disable the tracks? -:)

Clearly there is some confusion about how the RPG-43 worked...

You pull the pin and throw it nice and high over your target. At the apex of the grenade's arc, a canvas streamer would be deployed which increased the chances of the grenade landing properly on top of the target. They didn't always deploy, and even when they did, they still didn't always land properly. Assuming the grenade does land at a nice 90* to the top of the tank, it would set off the impact trigger and the shaped charge warhead would make a nice hole in the tank (and hopefully destroy it).

However, if the angle was off... it may not set off the impact trigger, or it could, but the angle would increase the effective thickness of the armor.

The RPG-43 had an impact fuzed 95mm shaped charge containing 612g of TNT, and could penetrate 75mm or armor.

The RPG-43 was still in use up until 1973, were it was used by the Egyptians against the Israelis.

Here's a pic of the RPG-43 with streamer deployed.

rpg43c.jpg

Upvote 0
good info m8, yeah earlier I said it had a shoot part that deployed, I was refering to the older Rpg 40 above- thats one hard thing to try and animate properly-:p I havent modeled the interior shoot part even just the outter part- I may hand this off to someone/mod later- Should probably stick to making vehicles.

Upvote 0